August's mini Mystery Ship - DNF!

Welcome to UAMF's first ever Paper Model GB - Origami are us.
Runs November 12th to December 24th. Your GBL is SJPONeill.
K5083
Active Participant

Re: August's mini Mystery Ship

Post by K5083 »

This little model is coming along, but it will not be finished by tomorrow. If we get a grace period, it might get in under the wire.

The wheels are my second departure from the paper-only rule. These are another thing I have been teaching myself to cast, and my poorer efforts are useful for this plane as long as the small bit that peeks out of the wheel pants looks okay. I embedded short-shot resin wheels into the cardboard core of the wheel pants and will fold the skins of the wheel pants around them.

That will leave "only" strutting everything together and adding details such as the prop, tailwheel and rigging. After Christmas I should find time to do it.

August
A good model is any model you can walk away from.
SJPONeill
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by SJPONeill »

I'm happy to extend until sunday evening if John is happy with that...it won't help me as I am way from home til Sunday night but I may allow any other stragglers to make it through the gate...
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
K5083
Active Participant

Post by K5083 »

Even with the extension, I won't be done by tonight, or even by the New Year. For the best of reasons - having too much fun with my family to feel like hitting the modeling bench. So I'll call this one a DNF and will finish it in my workbench thread.

August
A good model is any model you can walk away from.
SJPONeill
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: August's mini Mystery Ship - DNF!

Post by SJPONeill »

Fun with the family should always win out...will look forward to your continuation build...
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me

Return to “Paper Models GB”