Telford Show - 7th and 8th November - "Scale Model World"

Moderators: Falcon, Dazzled

Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Telford Show - 7th and 8th November - "Scale Model World

Post by Dazzled »

Well, it looks like this SIG can write off Telford this year. :evil: I've heard no more from the IPMS and I'm waiting to hear if Adam has made any progress as SIG leader.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
TomW

Post by TomW »

Dazzled wrote:Well, it looks like this SIG can write off Telford this year. :evil: I've heard no more from the IPMS and I'm waiting to hear if Adam has made any progress as SIG leader.
That is deeply frustrating Darryl :evil: but you and everyone else are welcome behind the CC SiG table. It does mean I am going to have to repack my transport boxes to remove the Cold War specific builds though :roll: .

Lets just take it as a learning curve and make sure we are properly organised with backup plans for next year - onwards and upwards.

Regards

Tom
Veni, Venari, Vamoosi

Coastal Command SIG Leader 2012 - 2016

We'll call him Dinghy Watts...... - Paul Bradley

2016 A:B = 29:11
2015 A:B = 38:14
2014 A:B = 25:9
2013 A:B = 20:17
2012 A:B = I didn't keep score
2011 A:B = 39:11
2010 A:B = 51:10
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

TomW wrote:
Dazzled wrote:Well, it looks like this SIG can write off Telford this year. :evil: I've heard no more from the IPMS and I'm waiting to hear if Adam has made any progress as SIG leader.
That is deeply frustrating Darryl :evil: but you and everyone else are welcome behind the CC SiG table. It does mean I am going to have to repack my transport boxes to remove the Cold War specific builds though :roll: .

Lets just take it as a learning curve and make sure we are properly organised with backup plans for next year - onwards and upwards.

Regards

Tom
Thanks Tom. I'm annoyed about it but I have booked time off work and a hotel for 2 nights so I'm not going to let it spoil my weekend. I'm very much looking forward to seeing you and the CC display again. I'll be there on Friday afternoon with a few humble offerings for the CBK display so I'll send you a text when I get there 8-)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

The unfortunate irony here is that if this had come to light a few days earlier than it did we could have had the Revell SIG tables - I only started the SIG in January and wasn't expecting to get any tables for Telford this year. However, I'd already managed to get enough support to fill the tables so couldn't extend the offer when I heard what had happened with the Cold War SIG display situation. It is a shame but I know Adam's had a pretty torrid year this year one way and another, and I should have looked into helping out a bit earlier as I am still a Cold War SIG member after all, but I let myself get too busy with the CBK SIG display this year to help Adam out properly, for which I'm truly sorry chaps.

Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Darren, as frustrating as it is, you should count yourself lucky to be attending - some of us can only look on with envy from afar. :sad: and at least you have the good company of the CC and CBK SIG members. Do you have any relevant builds that could sit on the CC display tables?
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

beany wrote:The unfortunate irony here is that if this had come to light a few days earlier than it did we could have had the Revell SIG tables - I only started the SIG in January and wasn't expecting to get any tables for Telford this year. However, I'd already managed to get enough support to fill the tables so couldn't extend the offer when I heard what had happened with the Cold War SIG display situation. It is a shame but I know Adam's had a pretty torrid year this year one way and another, and I should have looked into helping out a bit earlier as I am still a Cold War SIG member after all, but I let myself get too busy with the CBK SIG display this year to help Adam out properly, for which I'm truly sorry chaps.

Cheers
Al.
Don't beat yourself up Al. It won't spoil my weekend as I'll get to meet all you guys again 8-)

A beer or 2 might be in order :)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

PaulBradley wrote:Darren, as frustrating as it is, you should count yourself lucky to be attending - some of us can only look on with envy from afar. :sad: and at least you have the good company of the CC and CBK SIG members. Do you have any relevant builds that could sit on the CC display tables?

You do have a good point Paul.

As for CC builds.....did they fly Migs? :roll:

However, maybe next year.......

....there's that Sunderland....and the Hudson.....Hmmmm????
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

Hey Folks.
I think its fair to say that the Cold War SIG will be missing the SMW2015.
As a result I am handing over the reigns to our friend Daz as I am just not in the right possision to be leader anymore and need to concentrate on other aspects of life.
Things keep going from bad to worse, aswell as all the things that have happened throughout this year both my Uncle and Grandpa have both passed away within a few weeks of each other so I wont be attending this weekends show as I just can't face it at the moment.
I am really sorry to let everyone down and realize I am without a doubt the worse SIG leader imaginable.
I am truely greatful for everyone's support, you have all been true friends throughout the continueing tough periods.
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

I'm not a member of the SIG Adam but just wanted to offer my prayers for you and your family mate - I'm really sorry to hear of your loss.

At the end of the day it's a hobby, everyone knows you took the job on in great enthusiasm (spelling :)) and great intentions - your health however is far more important, so don't sweat it.

I hope the future brings better health and fortune.

Cheers

Stuart
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
iggie

Post by iggie »

Our condolences to you and your family Adam from Mrs iggie and I

Don't beat yourself up for things that you have no control over, OR for putting life and family ahead of sticking bits of plastic to each other.....it's a hobby, not a necessity

Keep your chin up mate, and you'll get through
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

You've had a lousy time of it lately mate and you need space to regroup. I'm happy to help out and hope things get better for you real soon.

Lets arrange a meet up and you can hand me the SIG stuff. Tomorrow would be good as I'll be on my way to Telford.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Blueberryruby
Active Participant

Post by Blueberryruby »

I'm really sorry to hear that Mav, I'm new to the SIG but i'm pretty sure you've handled things better than most people would in the same situation.

As others have said, it's just a hobby so don't worry about it and focus on what matters.
My Workbench Window is the Blueberry-Bench
Ratch

Post by Ratch »

Sincere condolences Adam. Things may look rough at the moment, but I'm sure there will be a silver lining. I don't think you was a bad SIG Leader. Sometimes real life interferes with what we want to do, and I admire all who take on the onerous responsibility of running a SIG. Best wishes mate.
All models are equal. Some models are more equal than others.
Airfix Tribute Forum
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

My heartfelt condolences Adam. You've had a rough year that's for sure and I sincerely hope things improve for you and quickly. Bad SIG Leader? no way, you showed drive and enthusiasm for the SIG but unfortunately circumstances outside of your control stopped you in your tracks. At the end of the day it's only a hobby and at the moment it's obvious that you have bigger things to deal with. Best of luck and hopefully we will continue to see you on here and on the show scene once you have everything sorted.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

Thank you so Mich for all your kind messages!
It really means a lot to me to have friends like you all, I'm glad you thought I was a good leader too.
Well the SIG has officially been handed over to Daz our new leader.
Daz mate anything you need for the SIG just ask(when things improve), you'll make a fantastic leader and I'm glad to still be a member of the SIG.
Really hope everyone has a good show this weekend, I'm hoping my next show will be Bolton In January as a birthday treat to myself.

Return to “Displays and Shows”