Telford Show - 7th and 8th November - "Scale Model World"

Moderators: Falcon, Dazzled

Ratch
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Telford Show - 7th and 8th November - "Scale Model World

Post by Ratch »

Thanks, no worries 8-)
All models are equal. Some models are more equal than others.
Airfix Tribute Forum
IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

Ok folks the Polls have been creared!
There over in the chat section so please head over there and cast your vote!
chrism

Post by chrism »

I haven't voted yet for a reason... Im not sure where what I have got that could fit in would fit and into what heading.
Im probably better suited under the "anything goes.. " other option you have.
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Not long to go guys 8-) .

Are there any updates on the display arrangements?
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

Hey Daz!
Now I'm out of hospital again (getting pretty sick and tired of that place) I'm trying to get XH558 and my BiG-31 ready for this show, the options are Moving Mud (bombers) and VTOL aswell as anything and the Time line display.
I need to get a rough idea of what models are being bought to the show.
Any help on this would be appreciated.
Kitaholic

Post by Kitaholic »

Good to hear from you again Mav, hope everything is ok now. Will be there, will pm you a list shortly
Regards

Gord

Desperately trying to find his MOJO, don't know where I left it
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Hi Mav. Glad you're out of hospital and hope you're feeling better. I'll be bringing the same models as I took to Cosford plus a few naval models. I've also got a 1/48 Mig-17, another 1/72 Mig-21 and a 1/35 Corporal missile. Hopefully, I'll also have my Foxbat finished if I can overcome ICMs quirks.

I'm really looking forward to it. Do you have any info on our display area yet?
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
TomW

Post by TomW »

As I've gone for a smaller display size for the CC SiG there will be a Nimrod available for you plus a MiG-15 and my AEW aircraft. Also my pair of Meteor night fighters. There might be the possibility of a F-94 Starfire if I can finish it in time.

Regards

Tom
Veni, Venari, Vamoosi

Coastal Command SIG Leader 2012 - 2016

We'll call him Dinghy Watts...... - Paul Bradley

2016 A:B = 29:11
2015 A:B = 38:14
2014 A:B = 25:9
2013 A:B = 20:17
2012 A:B = I didn't keep score
2011 A:B = 39:11
2010 A:B = 51:10
Blueberryruby
Active Participant

Post by Blueberryruby »

hi everyone,

Has a table been confirmed yet? If so do we know the location?

I wasn't planning to bring anything along as I'm only there on the Saturday and not a member which means anything i bring would only make a guest appearance for a few hours and then fly off again but I'll be more involved next year.

I'm really asking so I know where to find you guys to say hi as I've never met any of you in the real world!
My Workbench Window is the Blueberry-Bench
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Blueberryruby wrote:hi everyone,

Has a table been confirmed yet? If so do we know the location?

I wasn't planning to bring anything along as I'm only there on the Saturday and not a member which means anything i bring would only make a guest appearance for a few hours and then fly off again but I'll be more involved next year.

I'm really asking so I know where to find you guys to say hi as I've never met any of you in the real world!
The way it's looking we won't get a table. Both Adam and myself have been attempting to contact the IPMS to sort this out but we both appear to be being ignored. I'm pretty annoyed about it as most of my builds this year have been geared towards Telford, plus I've booked a second night in a not inexpensive hotel. All this and the IPMS, on whose behalf I've gone to all this effort and expense, haven't the courtesy to reply. :evil:

I will be bringing a few models for the CBK SIG so we could use that as a meeting point. And while we're together we can plot revenge :twisted:
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Kitaholic

Post by Kitaholic »

They may be able to ignore electronic contact, and so deny us a table but at the end of the day we are all going to be in the same room on the day. Any plans on confronting them face to face?
Regards

Gord

chrism

Post by chrism »

are you on the facebook think as a lot of stuff seems to happen there and you can message people too and they cant so easily hide and pretend not got message as if it is an email you send as you can put messages up for everyone to see and some for just privately to people too
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

My mistake guys, I did get a reply :oops: . For some reason my e-mail server decided not to forward any of these to my tablet or phone so I missed them until I was back on my PC. Bloody technology :roll:

Here's the reply from Andrew Armstrong.

Good Evening,

I am afraid that the situation is still the same as when I replied on Monday to your email to the Scale ModelWorld manager, I do not have an annual return for the Cold War SIG so therefore no booking has been made.

I have made several attempts to contact your sig’s leader via post, an article in issue 4/2015 of the magazine and via social media to date no response has been received. Under the rules of the society I am required to have an annual return from every branch and sig in order to be able to give them a space at SMW, to date the Cold War SIG has not conformed to that requirement.

If you can print off, fill in and forward the paperwork I sent on Monday to me via the post it may be possible to find you a space, although at this late date the chances are rapidly diminishing.

I look forward to receiving your reply,

Yours Faithfully,
Andrew Armstrong
Branch & SIG Liaison

I've forwarded this to Adam so he can get in touch and try and salvage the situation.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Kitaholic

Post by Kitaholic »

Thanks for the update Daz, fingers and toes crossed
Regards

Gord

ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Thanks for the update Darryl and for your efforts in attempting to obtain table space for the SIG. Hopefully they'll be able to make room. More than likely there will be a no-show by some group or another but it depends if they have the courtesy to advise the IPMS organizers in good time to allow space to become available as a result. Unfortunately such no-shows tend to happen with no advance warning, much to the annoyance of the IPMS and it's very frustrating to see an empty set of tables that could have been put to good use!
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300

Return to “Displays and Shows”