More Shows for the Second Half of 2016 **UPDATED**

Moderators: Falcon, Dazzled

Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

More Shows for the Second Half of 2016 **UPDATED**

Post by Dazzled »

Following discussions with TomW and Kitaholic with IPMS mag "What's on" page in hand, I was wondering if there was any interest in the following shows.

July 31st: IPMS Birmingham, Midland Expo. Quite a big show and good and central for most of us. No Response

August 7th: IPMS Avon, Plastic Model and Wargaming Show, Thornbury, South Gloucestershire. Unashamedly the closest show to me and one I'd love to attend. Thornbury Leisure Centre is quite a nice venue too. Confirmed

August 21st: Boscombe Down Aviation Collection Model Show, Old Sarum, Wiltshire: Boscombe Down! How cool is that for Cold war fans? 8-). It's their first show so it'd be nice to support it....and have a goggle at the aircraft collection. Confirmed

September 4th: East Riding of Yorkshire Model Show, Driffield: One for our Northern members. It's a bit far for me but if there's some interest in attending I'll have a go at getting a SIG display table. **Unlikely**

September 11th: Sutton Coldfield Model Spectacular 2016, Walsall. A personal invite at the IPMS Avon show and a good central show for the SIG. Awaiting written confirmation

September 24th: IPMS Farnborough, Modelfest 2016, Camberley. Another well know biggie on the modelling calendar and a good one for the profile of the SIG.Confirmed

October 1st: IPMS Abingdon Model Show 2016, Abingdon, Oxfordshire. Just a small one but perhaps a chance to discuss the countdown to Telford. Reconsidered

And that's about it unless anybody fancies a trip to Belgium for Plastic and Steel held on October 8 to 9th. For most, I imagine, it's a bit too close to the Telford weekend.

So, is anybody interested in any of these? If 2 or three of us can get to any of them I'll start sending out requests ASAP.

Darryl 8-)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
chrism

Re: More Shows for the Second Half of 2016

Post by chrism »

I have attended both Abingdon and Farnborough for past few years. I will PM you.
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Enquiry sent to the Farnborough show organisers.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

I've emailed the Farnborough organisers again using an alternative email. I've also emailed the organisers of both the IPMS Avon and Boscombe Down shows.

Fingers crossed for some responses :)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Dazzled

Re: More Shows for the Second Half of 2016 **UPDATED**

Post by Dazzled »

Well, we're on the list for Fanrnborough :grin:
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

chrism

Post by chrism »

Yay!!! one that the date is ok for me with.
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

I do my best :-D
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Return to “Displays and Shows”