Show Dates 2017

Moderators: Falcon, Dazzled

chrism
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Show Dates 2017

Post by chrism »

Farnborough dates are out there in the public domain: (16-September)

http://www.ipms-farnborough.co.uk/index ... =modelfest;
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

chrism wrote:Farnborough dates are out there in the public domain: (16-September)

http://www.ipms-farnborough.co.uk/index ... =modelfest;

Thanks for that Chris. I'm a little pre-occupied at the moment but I shall get on to it ASAP. 8-)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
chrism

Post by chrism »

Dazzled wrote:. I'm a little pre-occupied at the moment but I shall get on to it ASAP. 8-)
No probs Grandad!
Falcon
F-16 Fan

Post by Falcon »

Are you attending the Bolton show this year?
Chris.

Cold War S.I.G Deputy Leader
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Falcon wrote:Are you attending the Bolton show this year?
Afraid not mate. :sad:
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Update to North Somerset Show. I'm not likely to make this one as something has come up and I'll be in France at the time. Could anybody take over for this one?

Also, Bovington show looks like a non-starter. I'll try again but communication (and organisation) doesn't seem to be their strong point.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Update today.

Bovington Show and Hinckley.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

chrism

Post by chrism »

While I can see CWS are not listed as one of the exhibiting clubs/sigs .... whether that means you are not included, or whether you are on a reserve list? I have no idea ... but I heard that there were conversations at the local model clubs here this week, that there are still "questions" over the IPMS blanket insurance that they are trying to get sorted.

The tank museum have held an autumn show for the last 2 years (at least) so they have I would think, got some idea of what they are doing down there, but to be fair, it was a smallish effort the year before that, and had grown a lot this last year from perspective of the number of clubs and traders ..
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

I appreciate what you're saying Chris but the Tank Museum have to "get real" if they want to hold a model show. Personally, I'm very disappointed at the way things have turned out. It's not just about the time I've wasted but that this would have been a great show to promote the SIG and get some of our southern members a show to display at.

In other news, I had a reply from the East Midlands IPMS regarding the Hinckley show. Apparently we're on the "reserve list" as they hadn't heard from me and don't know who I've been trying to contact. Please refer to my post here http://uamf.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14871
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Update 7th Jan, Update to Bovington Show progress, Hinckley Show progress and Farnborough IPMS Modelfest.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Further update 7th Jan, Avon IPMS Show, Thornbury.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Another update 7th Jan. Modelkraft, Milton Keynes. April 23rd.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

UPDATE: 13TH February

Removed all trace of Bovington Show attempt. :frown: (Never mind, Huddersfield was brilliant :-D )

Modelfest Milton Keynes is confirmed :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Update 19th February 2017

Had an invite from Coventry and Warwickshire IPMS for their show at the Midlands Air Museum. Form completed and returned.

Had a formal invite from North Somerset IPMS for their show at the Helicopter Museum Weston-Super-Mare. I can't make this one so if nobody steps up in the next week I'll have to decline the invitation. :sad:
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

UPDATE 25TH FEBRUARY

Had confirmation for Thornbury show in August.

Submitted members returns, booking form and risk assessment for Telford.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Return to “Displays and Shows”