Cold War SIG Goes International?

Moderators: Falcon, Dazzled

Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Cold War SIG Goes International?

Post by Dazzled »

A couple of years ago I attended the IPMS Belgium Nationals in Affligem, North-west of Brussels. While it's no Telford it is a very respectable sized show with some superb models on display. There were a couple of British groups displaying and the ever-charming Mel Bromley from S&M Models. This has led me to thinking long-term about the possibility of the SIG putting on a display there in 2019.

The show takes place in October, about a month before Telford. I know that there is a little interest in going to this show having discussed it with some members at shows this year but was wondering (hoping) if there would be some wider interest in a long-weekend on the continent with a two-day model show thrown in.

The plan would be to have a 3-4 day break, ferry from Dover to Dunkirk, a day or two shopping and beer-tasting in Ostend (a town which Mrs Dazzled and I know very well and can point out the best bars and the Atlantic Wall Museum) followed by two days in Affligem for the show. From the show it would either be home on the last ferry or another night and a morning ferry.

I can draw up a more detailed itinerary depending on interest and would be happy to assist in finding accommodation.

Anybody game to become an international modeller?
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Cold War SIG Goes International?

Post by Dazzled »

Possibly should also throw in here that Affligem, like all towns in Belgium, has it's own beer and cheese :-D
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!

Return to “Displays and Shows”