SMW Photos

Kitmaster, Airfix and Dapol railway model kits

Moderator: JamesPerrin

chrism
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: SMW Photos

Post by chrism »

The board with the War memorial and figures on is mine. I started it 4 years ago, and each year find and put a few more on to build it up. Last time I added the boy scouts, and next time I have a set of Dan Taylor figures to incorporate. Some naval ratings and better examples of fire ambulance etc figures are on the "wants" list too. The value of the cost spent on white metal etc and resin and other figures now on that board is circa £80.
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

chrism wrote:The board with the War memorial and figures on is mine. I started it 4 years ago, and each year find and put a few more on to build it up. Last time I added the boy scouts, and next time I have a set of Dan Taylor figures to incorporate. Some naval ratings and better examples of fire ambulance etc figures are on the "wants" list too. The value of the cost spent on white metal etc and resin and other figures now on that board is circa £80.
Well done Chris.

Yesterday after spending all day marching at the Cenotaph in London (did you not see me on TV? I was wearing a black coat, Black beret and red poppy :-D ) My wife and I got back and looked at the display photos and both had a tear in our eyes, when we spotted your little War Memorial display, we thought you had nailed it on the head.

Well done it was brilliant.

Regards Splash
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
iggie

Post by iggie »

Certainly a classic display, and a different one at the same time; great work by all
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Chuck E
Established 1949

Post by Chuck E »

Excellent display. This must have been a really interesting stand for so many people. Well done to the volunteers.
So many models, so little time.
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

chrism wrote:The board with the War memorial and figures on is mine. I started it 4 years ago, and each year find and put a few more on to build it up. Last time I added the boy scouts, and next time I have a set of Dan Taylor figures to incorporate. Some naval ratings and better examples of fire ambulance etc figures are on the "wants" list too. The value of the cost spent on white metal etc and resin and other figures now on that board is circa £80.
Well I applaud you for a great idea - it looked superb.
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

''All mistakes can be hidden with poor photography :-D ''
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

£80 well spent Chris, in the flesh this looked wonderful as indeed did your other contributions. A big thumbs up from me!
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
mattbacon
Too Cheerful To Be A JMN

Post by mattbacon »

Trying not to duplicate -- these are all clickable links to bigger versions, for thems as wants them:

bestest,
M.
chrism

Post by chrism »

ShaunW wrote:£80 well spent Chris, in the flesh this looked wonderful as indeed did your other contributions. A big thumbs up from me!
I intend to "re-model" it for next year. And in doing so set it out differently on a new base board which will all then fit in one of my plastic boxes better for transporting it. A few more of the guards band may appear converted and painted differently, and a tea-wagon from an old Airfix conversion article may make it to the outer edge of board in a civilian role plus all the figures I've got and not yet added.
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
philp

Post by philp »

Well done all, a great looking display.

Sorry I didn't have the time to try and contribute anything this year but depending on next years theme will see what I can do.
Clashcityrocker

Post by Clashcityrocker »

A bit late to the party, but thanks for sharing the pics, it looks like a great display. Some nicely built and weathered locos and rolling stock.

Nigel

Return to “SMW 2015 - Going loco”