2015 Display General Chat Thread

Kitmaster, Airfix and Dapol railway model kits

Moderator: JamesPerrin

ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Re: 2015 Display General Chat Thread

Post by ShaunW »

jRatz wrote:
jRatz wrote:At what point do we start talking the various placards, brochures, etc, that we will have on the table ?
Along with this, which Shaun did acknowledge, who are we to be mailing to ? And what is the latest arrival date ?
I need an address so I can search out shipping options and timing.
I have now discussed the placards and brochures issue with Beany by PM John and, given that the display will be rather busy as it is, we reckon the best bet will be to stick with the usual CBK leaflets etc, which always seem to go down well with the punters in any event.

I am willing to take delivery of models courtesy of my mother and father-in-law as we are both at work for most of the week (Mrs W works full time and I'm in the office Tuesday to Friday). This worked well enough when Beany sent the Class 9F loco kit to me. They are accommodating enough folk and I don't envisage a problem other than if they go off on one of their short breaks, but those are usually only for three or four nights and I can't see that they would go off more than once before Telford if indeed they go at all. I will check as to their availability. I'm sure we will be able to work something out between us all.

(Splash, I've answered you as well but it's on the previous page!)
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

I have just picked up the Airfix RAF recovery set (Crane, Queen Mary trailer and two bikes) shall I build it or do we have enough?

Regards Splash
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

That would look lovely Splash and would fit very well with this years theme I think - if you can find the time then I'd love to include it. We'll worry about space at Telford - I'd rather have too much than not enough.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

OK its going on the build table today.
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
chrism
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by chrism »

the floor plans etc etc are all now up on the ipms website. You need a degree in semaphore and coding that I haven't got to make sense of it all I fear.
your starter is here, and its pretty much all clickable or leads you to other pages for more info etc.

http://smwshow.com/showguide.php;
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Looks as if CBK, Coastal Command and Revell Modelling have a bunch of 5 tables together. Hall 2B, E & F6.
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
beany

Post by beany »

PaulBradley wrote:Looks as if CBK, Coastal Command and Revell Modelling have a bunch of 5 tables together. Hall 2B, E & F6.
Damn, if we'd known we could have had a 30 foot+ long layout :shock: :ha:
beany

Post by beany »

Edited: Oops - double post - sorry; what a galah!
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

PaulBradley wrote:Looks as if CBK, Coastal Command and Revell Modelling have a bunch of 5 tables together. Hall 2B, E & F6.
That is excellent news and great for the punters with all the best SIGs being placed together like that :-D

IPMS#12300
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

beany wrote:
Damn, if we'd known we could have had a 30 foot+ long layout :shock: :ha:
Hmmmm, now there's an idea for next year..... A combined display......
Paul

beany

Post by beany »

PaulBradley wrote:Hmmmm, now there's an idea for next year..... A combined display......
You may be on to something there Paul - it would solve the "how to get Revell classics into the CBK display/table" problem. The Revell SIG would be open to classic Monogram contenders as well, and maybe even some others that Matt mentioned earlier if even the vaguest link between the manufacturers can be established (=the joy of being a SIG leader!!).
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Al, if you don't already have it, I recommend this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Remembering-Revel ... 0764329928;

Very useful history and has a complete kit listing. I also have the Monogram and Aurora books.
Paul

beany

Post by beany »

I have the Revell one Paul but not the other two - I'll add them to my Amazon wish list.
Martin R
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Martin R »

Folks,

I have been completely absent from the SMW 2015 preparations this year. When I saw what the theme was, I lost interest as I model aircraft exclusively and I wouldn't have brought anything to the party. However, what I could have done was encourage those who were building. Don't know if it would have made a difference, but it would have been polite if nothing else. Sincere apologies for my absence.

However, having now cast my eye over this sub-forum for the first time since early in the year, I am absolutely gobsmacked by the quality and quantity of the builds on display. The track display and base board is awesome and the rolling stock display tiers look brilliant. Fantastic effort, chaps; it's going to look fab on the weekend. Hope you all have fun - and enjoy the kudos that will come your way!

regards,

Martin
Martin R

"the 'R' stands for 'Representative'."
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

As far as I'm concerned there's no need to apologise Martin, there isn't always the time to follow builds and other things intervene etc and I'm pleased that you like what we have done. Personally, I like to build out of my comfort zone every now and again and this theme has given me that very opportunity, but I appreciate that not everybody seeks to do likewise. There are a few light aircraft in the display, very nicely built by Paul Bradley, although the theme is not aircraft-centric - if you feel the urge to build a light a/c, there's a couple of weeks left :grin:

IPMS#12300

Return to “SMW 2015 - Going loco”