2015 Display List of Models and Builders

Kitmaster, Airfix and Dapol railway model kits

Moderator: JamesPerrin

chrism
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: 2015 Display List of Models and Builders

Post by chrism »

Ive got the Airfix box of station accessories - with the trolleys, scales, ticket machine things (or that's what I think it is) and selection of people - which Mr Bradley kindly posted over to me. I did wash and undercoat them 7-8 weeks ago; well before life went awry, and I have had a look at them again now to get my head back to where I was and what I am doing next etc. Plan is to have got them all painted and assembled and left freestanding and hopefully hand them over to Al at Farnborough to fix where needed, or else that bit gets done on the day when it all comes together.
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

Chris, was the ticket machine thing a chocolate machine? In those days every platform had one I recall you put your money in and pulled a draw out that had your bar of chocolate on.

Regards Splash
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
chrism

Post by chrism »

Splash - there are 4 wall standing machines. One of them could be a sweet vending machine. Back a while ago when it arrived, I did have a conversation with Dad about painting the pieces in the set, and asked what he thought 4 items were. Two are obviously different types of scales, of the other two one could be a ticket vending type machine and the other the chocolate vending machine was the best recollections my parents at the time could recall of their times on stations in the 50s and 60s
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

One was probably a cigarette machine - they always seemed to be on station platforms back in the day......

Incidentally, I've had a re-think on the light aircraft for the 'airfield' part of the display and I've started the old Frog Proctor and Magister as the Proctor V and Hawk trainer III respectively. Both should look nice in overall aluminium with red trim. I'm recording these for Classic Plastic, though, so there won't be much in the way of updates on these two - sorry.
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
chrism

Post by chrism »

My parents having never smoked would if given a choice of choccy or fags have said chocolate ....

Anyhow..., there is modellers licence in these 2 items and we can call them what we want of the options open .., they are something that can purport to be station accessories ... But they ain't trolleys, scales, people or stuff to chuck on trolleys ...
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

They're here...

2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

Beany

As I can't make the show would it help you with your layout plan if I post the built kits to you as and when they are finished?

Regards Splash,
beany

Post by beany »

splash wrote:Beany
As I can't make the show would it help you with your layout plan if I post the built kits to you as and when they are finished?
Regards Splash,
Yeah, I'd have no problem with that mate. An alternative (to save you the postage) may be to see if Tom could bring them up - having said that I've no idea how geographically close you guys are to each other or even if Tom is a definite for Telford this year (I bloody well hope so - I really enjoy our time together at the shows).

Let me know if you need my address and I'll PM it to you.
TomW

Post by TomW »

beany wrote:
splash wrote:Beany
Regards Splash,
Yeah, I'd have no problem with that mate. An alternative (to save you the postage) may be to see if Tom could bring them up - having said that I've no idea how geographically close you guys are to each other or even if Tom is a definite for Telford this year (I bloody well hope so - I really enjoy our time together at the shows).

Let me know if you need my address and I'll PM it to you.

Aww Al I had no idea you cared so much ;-) :ha: Yes I'll definitely be at Telford so if other Alan would like me to pick them up I'm sure it can be arranged. Also apologies for my lack of input recently, not a lack of interest I can assure you just a real lack of time. I am making progress with the Coal Wagons and they are almost at the paint stage.

Regards

Tom
Veni, Venari, Vamoosi

Coastal Command SIG Leader 2012 - 2016

We'll call him Dinghy Watts...... - Paul Bradley

2016 A:B = 29:11
2015 A:B = 38:14
2014 A:B = 25:9
2013 A:B = 20:17
2012 A:B = I didn't keep score
2011 A:B = 39:11
2010 A:B = 51:10
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

Cheers guys.

Splash
chrism

Post by chrism »

Quick question for Beany or whoever is painting the platforms and other areas the station workers will be placed:

What colour will the bit of the platforms that the people would walk on that you have got to do, be done and painted?

Just asking before setting down to take on the station workers etc who are part of the platform accessory pack, so that the bases they come with can sort of fit in with the same colour as platform. (I have every shade in Revell Aqua paints!)
I tend to paint bases early on in my figure painting sessions.
beany

Post by beany »

chrism wrote:Quick question for Beany or whoever is painting the platforms and other areas the station workers will be placed:
What colour will the bit of the platforms that the people would walk on that you have got to do, be done and painted?

Just asking before setting down to take on the station workers etc who are part of the platform accessory pack, so that the bases they come with can sort of fit in with the same colour as platform. (I have every shade in Revell Aqua paints!)
I tend to paint bases early on in my figure painting sessions.
I haven't decided yet but I'll take a look at what greys I have in Revell Aqua, pick one and let you know tomorrow Chris.
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Sorry guys but I've been tied up with work related and other matters over the last two or three weeks and haven't had the time to give this the attention that it deserves. I am conscious that time is marching on here (my own build has been painfully slow) and I'm sure that you all share my view that what we really don't want is a frantic last minute rush that risks the quality of the display. Sorry that I have been less than useful recently but I will try to make amends. Al, I will take a look at getting hold of signal boxes and signal gantries before I go away on holiday on the 15th of August and will commit to building one or more.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Made some good progress with the light aircraft over the weekend. I really must get cracking on the control tower - even though it is half done, it will take time to do properly.
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
beany

Post by beany »

ShaunW wrote:Sorry guys but I've been tied up with work related and other matters over the last two or three weeks and haven't had the time to give this the attention that it deserves.
I'm pretty much in the same boat mate. Just before reading your post I got a text from work asking me to go in tomorrow ready to travel down and spend a couple of nights in London. I don't mind the work - 12 hours shifts being taken as read - but it is the fact you lose three evenings away from home and the modelling bench.
I hope to make an in road this weekend into getting the baseboards sorted and the track laid.

Return to “SMW 2015 - Going loco”