Kitmaster, Airfix and Dapol railway model kits

Moderator: JamesPerrin

TomW
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: SMW - volunteers required

Post by TomW »

Martin R wrote:
ShaunW wrote:
Martin R wrote:Great stuff! See you there on Saturday morning. It'll be an early start but, having got the last room at the International Hotel at an exorbitant price, I won't have to rush away!

regards,

Martin
I look forward to meeting you Martin. All being well, we'll (yes, I'll have Mrs W in tow, who is now an IPMS member you know :grin: ) be arriving early doors as well.
It's mutual, dear chap!

6AM start from Fareham on Saturday morning <groan>. Hope the weather's favourable.

Congrats on getting the wife interested in the hobby. Mine says it'll be a cold day in hell before she accompanies me to such a gathering without a) proper childcare facilities, and b) major retail outlets in the near vicinity.

regards,

Martin

Well Telford centre covers (b) quite nicely and (a) can be solved by just tying them to a convenient lamppost with a water bowl surely? :ha:

Look forward to catching up on Saturday Martin.

Regards

Tom
Veni, Venari, Vamoosi

Coastal Command SIG Leader 2012 - 2016

We'll call him Dinghy Watts...... - Paul Bradley

2016 A:B = 29:11
2015 A:B = 38:14
2014 A:B = 25:9
2013 A:B = 20:17
2012 A:B = I didn't keep score
2011 A:B = 39:11
2010 A:B = 51:10
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

I joined Mrs W as a family member so she can get in for free (we are from Yorkshire after all :ha: ) and she is genuinely interested in helping out here and there. I can't see her building anything any time soon though. No doubt retail therapy will be featuring in her plans (she has been to Telford before) as well as a trip to the SMW bar!
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
TomW

Post by TomW »

ShaunW wrote:I joined Mrs W as a family member so she can get in for free (we are from Yorkshire after all :ha: ) and she is genuinely interested in helping out here and there. I can't see her building anything any time soon though. No doubt retail therapy will be featuring in her plans (she has been to Telford before) as well as a trip to the SMW bar!

As long as she remembers to bring back drinks for the rest of us, because a parched sore throat is a classic Telford affliction (as well as a very light wallet :roll: )

Regards

Tom
Veni, Venari, Vamoosi

Coastal Command SIG Leader 2012 - 2016

We'll call him Dinghy Watts...... - Paul Bradley

2016 A:B = 29:11
2015 A:B = 38:14
2014 A:B = 25:9
2013 A:B = 20:17
2012 A:B = I didn't keep score
2011 A:B = 39:11
2010 A:B = 51:10
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

ShaunW wrote:I joined Mrs W as a family member so she can get in for free (we are from Yorkshire after all :ha: ) and she is genuinely interested in helping out here and there. I can't see her building anything any time soon though. No doubt retail therapy will be featuring in her plans (she has been to Telford before) as well as a trip to the SMW bar!
My wife, Carrie, has been a member for the last few years for the same reason (free entry) and enjoys her weekend away in Telford as much as I do - we're each allowed the same amount of money to spend so she is well used to shopping in Telford (and Shrewsbury when she fancies a change). She also helps with the set up and knock down which is useful. Perhaps the ladies can meet up and become SMW widows together for a few hours?!

Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

TomW wrote:(a) can be solved by just tying them to a convenient lamppost with a water bowl surely? :ha:

"Water bowl? Eh, lucky. When I were a lad........" :ha:
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

I turn SWMBO loose among the hobby tool sellers and I am amazed at how many tiny tools she can find that are necessary for various sewing and quilting activities. And because she many times buys a half-dozen at a time to gift her friends, the tool sellers love to see she her coming - I seek referral credits ....
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Guys,

Have a great time over the weekend.

At the risk of boring people even more rigid with my personal woes, I will now not be joining you at Telford. Personal decision, but it's been a pretty cr*p - and expensive - week, and I now have come to the conclusion that it would be better if I don't spend the money in attending.

And the lie-in on Saturday morning (children permitting) will be pretty nice too.

As I say, have a great time and I look forward to seeing the pictures. Maybe next year . . .

regards,

Martin
Martin R

"the 'R' stands for 'Representative'."
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

It's a great shame we won't be seeing you at the show Martin, sorry to hear about your awful sounding week and hopefully things can only get better.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

Yeah, what Shaun said mate - great shame we won't be seeing you. Hope things start to improve - and get less expensive for you!
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1

Return to “SMW 2015 - Going loco”