Telford 2011 the CC Display

Where CC SIG might be and info about CC-related events

Moderator: JohnRatzenberger

bluesteel
Parties like it's 1977

Telford 2011 the CC Display

Post by bluesteel »

Just got home, so a quick photo dump of a few shots I took of the CC display at Telford. Plenty of positive comments were given which was pleasing. I'll post more of the CBK when I recover!

A big Thank You too, goes to John Ratzenberger, John Thornthwaite and Paul Bradley for supplying many of the models.

Bluesteel

You can never have too many Meteors/Chipmunks/Gazelles/Jet Provosts/EE Lightnings/Hunters/Harriers/Tiger Moths!

------------------------------------------------------
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Re: Telford 2011 the CC Display

Post by JamesPerrin »

I have to say the Snowberry looked even better in the flesh and is a really impressive build which garnered much interest. Well done Julian.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
bluesteel
Parties like it's 1977

Post by bluesteel »

Brews wrote:You know, that Neptune really sticks out. The Flak ship was a great idea, and the attackers really look the part. Great work - I'm really sorry that you must have felt a bit lonely over there. All the photos I see are just of you manning the table.

Did you get as much interest from ex-servicemen that you did last year?
The Neptune did attract quite a lot of comment and many stopped to take photos, probably because it stood out. Quite a few servicemen stopped by as last year, but more Shackleton than Neptune crews - typical, as last year it was the other way around! Also the Nephew of the navigator of Blenheim D QY dropped by and was chuffed to see it as the main Blenheim displayed low over the mast of the Flakship.

As CC was adjoining the CBK stand, I wasn't lonely at all Brews, it was just like one long CBK stand with other CBKers looking after the CC stand when I was away. Also John Thornthwaite did a few stints behind the display too. It was the first time I got to chat to him for any length of time and discovered he is John B Thornthwaite of 'JB' Models fame and an ex-Matchbox production manager, and even did the production on the Matchbox Flower Class! A very interesting chap indeed.
Bluesteel

You can never have too many Meteors/Chipmunks/Gazelles/Jet Provosts/EE Lightnings/Hunters/Harriers/Tiger Moths!

bluesteel
Parties like it's 1977

Post by bluesteel »

JamesPerrin wrote:I have to say the Snowberry looked even better in the flesh and is a really impressive build which garnered much interest. Well done Julian.
Thanks James, and many thanks to the other CBKers for putting on such an excellent display (I really wish I'd had the time do make one too), and also thanks to the other CBKers for manning the CC stand when I was out and about in the halls. A good show altogether.
Bluesteel

PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Nice one, Julian - thanks for taking the time to set it up!
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Julian, huge round of applause for all your effort to draw this together -- I know you had to do a lot of real work to make it all happen. Looks great !!!
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
Jagewa
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Jagewa »

Julian, what a great display, and I am staggered at all the work you did, bravo.

Cheers
Jim
Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

very cool stuff.
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0

Return to “CC Displays and Events”