Spit hat-trick, COMPLETE

It's the good ol' YCNHTM Spitfire GB - any kit, any scale, any era, and mark, it's just got to be a Spitfire/Seafire ...
Runs 28 February through 29 March and your hosts are Lancfan and Paul Bradley.
lancfan
Avro's Rivet Rhapsodizer

Re: Spit hat-trick

Post by lancfan »

It looks like your camera settings may be to blame, make sure your camera autofocus is set to centrally weighted mode. Take the picture in high definition with the model in the viewfinder AF sight, DON'T go beyond the optical zoom limit and shoot from further away (1-2 feet depending on the size of the model), then edit from there and if you don't have PSP, Photoshop or elements to edit in use the view images option on the camera and crop and save the image in camera from there. To stop camera shake use a tripod or monopod, failing that find a bolt to fit the tripod nut and tie some string to it, if you stand on the end of the string and keep the string tight you will avoid the shakes.

David.
David.

If you forget the past, you may lose the future.
Purplethistle
Delusional Miniature Killer

Post by Purplethistle »

The damn camera is so battery hungry that just adjusting the settings uses up a set!
It still counts as a finished in time though? I won't be able to take any more photos until monday at the earliest, including my Belgian Spit that has just had the codes added to finish that?
"Spits, SLUFS and Rock 'n' Roll"
lancfan
Avro's Rivet Rhapsodizer

Post by lancfan »

What model of collpix camera is it? I had a Vivitar compact that was like that- damned useless and cost a fortune to run.
I now use a Nikon Coolpix S2600 compact, it has a shaped ni-cad pack that lasts forever between charges and is perfect for hobby work as well as outside use.
David.
David.

If you forget the past, you may lose the future.
Purplethistle

Re: Spit hat-trick - COMPLETE

Post by Purplethistle »

As Wingco Paul Bradley and Lancfan the Adj stand on the balcony of the Control Tower counting the stragglers home, 3R-C, SG65, a Mk XIV of Belgian No.1 (Thistle) squadron reports a safe landing despite running out of (camera battery) juice.

Purplethistle

Post by Purplethistle »

It is a Vivitar, Adj, a Vivicam F128, I had a Vivitar before that was pretty good, but it was a 35mm film camera, they seem to have dropped the ball with digital!
p.s How do I change my heading to add, "Finished"?
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Edit the first post of the thread. ;-)
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
Purplethistle