iggie's 12 Squadron Heavy

The Avro Lancaster - any kit, scale, markings, etc ...
Runs about 6 weeks from 28 February through 12 April and your hosts are Lancfan, Sir T, with jRatz as needed.
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

iggie's 12 Squadron Heavy

Post by iggie »

My entry for this GB will be the Airfix New tool Avro Lancaster BI(F.E.)/BIII, built as a BIII of 12 Squadron.
My reason for this choice is that a distant relative flew with 12 Squadron during the War as an air gunner (instructor) and was lost on his third raid after returning to Op's after being screened at the completion of his first tour. Unfortunately I have been unable to trace which aircraft he was in; family histories being what they are, exact names/rank are unknown plus he was likely flying as a spare bod at that stage
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
T-21
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Re: iggie's !2 Squadron Heavy

Post by T-21 »

Iggie,

Get in touch here I'am sure they can assist http://www.wickenbymuseum.co.uk/Museum/ ... kenby.html;
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

A really good reason for building a kit Iggie - looking forward to it.
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
iggie

Post by iggie »

T-21 wrote:Iggie,

Get in touch here I'am sure they can assist http://www.wickenbymuseum.co.uk/Museum/ ... kenby.html;
Thanks for the suggestion; we've been in touch previously and although we were able to narrow things down a bit further, a combination of factors (such as spelling of forename & surname, no exact d.o.b., some missing records etc.) have prevented any more accurate results.
To be honest, we have a suspicion that the distant relative was an 'uncle' through friendship not blood if that makes sense! Anyway, he's considered part of the family and that good enough for me!
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
iggie

Re: iggie's 12 Squadron Heavy

Post by iggie »

This is not looking like I'm even going to get started; as ever real life has conspired with a tonne of work landing on me, plus I have to be honest and admit that I'm not sure my patience at the moment would extend long enough to achieve a finish of the Lanc. I'm still happy modelling but I seem to need the fix of a fairly quick finish at present to keep me motivated....not really suffered with this before so I'm hoping that once work eases a bit I'll be able to tackle a bigger project again.
Good luck to all those still battling on!
Best wishes

Jim

Return to “Avro Lancaster”