Gibson's MkI Special

The Avro Lancaster - any kit, scale, markings, etc ...
Runs about 6 weeks from 28 February through 12 April and your hosts are Lancfan, Sir T, with jRatz as needed.
fredk
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Gibson's MkI Special

Post by fredk »

I bought this kit a couple of years ago off an ebay seller. It was honestly described as started but complete. I had every intention to build it for the 70th anniversary, but that came and went, the model forgotten about till this GB came up.

These are the parts which are assembled. Not too badly done by the previous owner. Unlike some part started kits there are no smears of glue everywhere. The joints just need sanding down, as normal, and a touch of filler in a few places. Theres still a few hours work there. The props are glued solid to the engine fronts. I'll try to cut them off, for putting on towards the end.

The fuselage and main parts. Not all these parts will be used as some [centre of top frame] are the normal bomb load.

On the left is the frame with the normal bomb bay and parts to make a couple of cookies, and the u/c legs. The frame on the right has the parts for the aerial mine, and the different shaped bomb bay roof. In the centre are the clear parts, which has some for other versions of Lanc, it includes an H2S dome.

I'm thinking of getting resin guns and resin weighted wheels for this.
Al speling misteaks aer all mi own werk..
Its not just how good your painting is, its how good the touch-ups are too.
fredk

Re: Gibson's MkIII Special

Post by fredk »

I haven't touched this yet. Once I get my F104G to the decaling stage [maybe tonight] I'll get stuck into this.
I must place an order with Hannants for some resin parts; guns and engine intakes [maybe better wheels]
fredk

Re: Gibson's MkI Special

Post by fredk »

So, what have I done? Not much. Tried making a flat on the tyres by heat softening then pressing on the desk. Did too much, so I've ordered resin replacements.
I built the mine and filled in the groves all round it.

I hope to get a lot more done this next weekend.
fredk

Re: Gibson's MkI Special

Post by fredk »

I've got hardly anything done on this. All plans for a post Easter modelling session got washed away. I'm standing minding at a model show Friday eve/Saturday/Sunday so nowt will done over the weekend.
I'd need another week to get it done; so its a DNF.
I'll get it done anon.

Return to “Avro Lancaster”