1/72 Tanmodel Hurkus - Free Bird *** FINISHED ***

Modelling any subject from a "lesser represented" country; which is not a value judgment. Kits may be any scale or subject but you must sign-up and have your country and subject approved. You may build any number of models or countries, but there may be only one modeler per country !!!
GB runs 4 Apr - 3 May; your host is fredk.
Marek
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: 1/72 Tanmodel Hurkus - Free Bird

Post by Marek »

Thanks guys! now to the fun part! DECALS! (maybe 10 of them, since the rest seem to be red stripes I have already done)
TomW

Post by TomW »

I want one! Reckon it would look great next to a Tucano :grin:

Regards

Tom
Veni, Venari, Vamoosi

Coastal Command SIG Leader 2012 - 2016

We'll call him Dinghy Watts...... - Paul Bradley

2016 A:B = 29:11
2015 A:B = 38:14
2014 A:B = 25:9
2013 A:B = 20:17
2012 A:B = I didn't keep score
2011 A:B = 39:11
2010 A:B = 51:10
Marek

Post by Marek »

Only portside decals left to be put on, then all the dangling things and cosmetics and we are done. Pics tonight.
Przemek
Active Participant

Post by Przemek »

Patiently I wait :)
Molly-new

Post by Molly-new »

Looking good, and extra kudos for managing to get a white to cover that red, I reckon if I tried that it would have turned out pink.
Airfix WWII Aircraft Of The Aces.
Completed - 10
Building -
Pending -4
Marek

Post by Marek »

As promised, pics of Hurkus with decals on. If I have enough time, cosmetics tomorrow and finish on Sunday/Monday.

Marek

Re: 1/72 Tanmodel Hurkus - Free Bird *** FINISHED ***

Post by Marek »

Hurkus is finished. Pitot tube became a casualty of rigorous testing program, I have decided to do the photo session without it and get on with the program. Overall it was a pleasure to build.

Thanks for bearing with me and extending the deadline to accommodate my astonishing modelling speed!
Marek
fredk

Post by fredk »

Very nice indeedy
Al speling misteaks aer all mi own werk..
Its not just how good your painting is, its how good the touch-ups are too.
TobyC

Post by TobyC »

Very very nice. Excellent clean painting.
Enjoyment over accuracy. That's my motto
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Great, well worth (to us at least) the suspenseful final few days !
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
Marek

Post by Marek »

Thank You Guys! I have to say it was suspenseful for me, I could not figure out if there was going to be enough of a bench time or not.
Przemek
Active Participant

Post by Przemek »

Once again I watch your model Marek, and I still think, that it's 1/48.
Really, another great model in your execution!
Przemek
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

Brilliant work that looks like a really nice kit.

Regards Splash
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
TANMODEL
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by TANMODEL »

Dear Marek;
Waoooww! I have seen your model and it looks great. You have taken a great risk by painting it all red base coat but the outcome is excellent. Congratulations.

Dear forum members and friends;
I have read the reviews of other people and I would like to provide you information briefly. Hurkus is the first airplane which is produced in Turkey after long years. Turkish modelers and public showed great interest to our kit. Therefore, I had to postpone international sales for two times.

Our TAI HURKUS-A kit is the first commercial kit of TANMODEL. Before we produced and launched the kit to the market we obtained the license from TAI ( Turkish Aerospace Industries ) which is the manufacturer of the aircraft. Our model kit is completely manufactured in Turkey. Some of the features of our kit distinguishing it from other training aircraft kits in the same scale are as follows:

- Accuracy of scale and form since it is produced under a license
- Engraving detonation cord details
- Canopy which can be built open
- Detailed cockpit parts
- Martin Baker Mk16TN seats which have realistic details
- Realistic Hartzell Propeller which has a small thickness of 0.3mm
- Separate Fowler Flap, Aileron, Rudder, Elevator parts ( Produced with very fine injection molding )
- Landing gear parts with realistic details
- Full color Inst. Sheet of A5 size containing 3D Cad screen images
- Exhaust parts which shows the aperture of the end sections
- Decal set content which allows completion of the model kit with minimal painting (Particularly for beginners)
- Additional “Deneysel/Experimental” decal for the ones who prefer to paint the red strip with masking
- White plastic which is suitable for the main color of the airplane
- High quality cardboard box which minimizes shipping damages

We have made revisions in the box content considering that certain improvements should be done upon launching our model kit to the market since we are a brand that cares about modelers. Because TANMODEL follows a different route and we always want to offer what is better.

IMPROVEMENTS WE HAVE MADE :
- Aircraft shown on the photo of the box art varied a little from Roll-out position. In other words, own colors of some composite materials were shown and doors of front landing gear were in red. Additionally, we provided a new pattern scheme on high quality paper of A4 size showing these changes.
- Exhaust end pieces became a little larger during mold polishing process. We filled this piece with laser welding on the mold and reprocessed it to the ideal dimensions.
- Large antenna located under the fuselage was making decal application difficult during construction of the model kit. We provided this antenna as the 51st piece. We indicated the position of the antenna both as a trace on the model kit and with dimensions on the Inst. Sheet.
- We have made a minor change on the decal set due to color difference of the front landing gear doors.
- Slot where the wings joined with the fuselage was too tight. We made this slot larger as allowed by technical possibilities.

WEAKNESSES OF OUR KIT:
Length of the canopy is nearly 1mm longer than it should be. The reason for this is insufficient shrinkage of the raw material we have used during injection phase. However, we have considered the shrinkage margin according to the literature during the 3D design phase. Solution for this problem is simple: Canopy rests on its position easily upon sanding the front and rear section of the fuselage piece a little. However, most modelers build canopy open due to detailed cockpit parts. Some parts have minor sin-marks and flashes. We noted those experiences for the production of our next model kit.

We are willing to launch our kit at an affordable price of GBP 9.5 inc. VAT in U.K. If we can offer it to you at an affordable price why should we want more?

A special category was opened for our kit in 27th Model Airplane contest organized by Air Force Academy on April 26th, 2015 and we, as a sponsor, gave high quality Airbrush to the top 3 modelers as present. Top 2 modelers completed our kit with some scratch build details. 2000 visitors and total 230 model kits were present in the contest. Photos of the ranking models are as follows:

We became the sponsor of the contest organized by Scale Modeling Club Association on May 16-17th, where a special category is opened for our kit again and we will give Badger brand Airbrush to the top 3 modelers as award. Designer and test pilot of the airplane will participate in the award ceremony for giving the prizes. A special category with special prize is being opened for a brand for the first time in Turkey and officials of the manufacturer company are presenting the prizes.

As a brand which is launching its first kit to the market under a license, we carried out 3D Laser Scanning process, as practiced by only a few brands, on actual airplanes for use in our new projects with the authorization and permit granted by our Chief of Staff and Air Forces Commander to offer you what is better.

These projects are :
1/32 F-5A / RF-5A ( with laser scanner )
1/32 F-5B ( with laser scanner )
1/32 T-38A ( with laser scanner )
1/32 F-E / RF-4E Phantom ( with laser scanner )
1/48 T-37 ( with laser scanner )
1/48 Bristol Blenheim Mk IV
1/72 Blackburn Buccaneer
etc.

Our project, for which mold production is ongoing is a very detailed model kit of 1/48 RF-84F aircraft We are sharing all news about us on our official facebook page ( http://www.facebook.com/tanmodel). We hope that you appreciate our Hurkus kit and other projects.

Regards,
Baris TANSOY
TANMODEL
Purplethistle
Delusional Miniature Killer

Post by Purplethistle »

That is stunning! 8-)
"Spits, SLUFS and Rock 'n' Roll"

Return to “Lesser Known Forces”