Modelling and Historical References

The one you have all been waiting for - Vac(u)-formed kits. Any subject, any kit, so long as the basis of the kit is vac-form (no, you can't enter an injection airplane with a vac-canopy). Started kits are eligible, within reason - this is a learning GB to introduce members the variety of kits, what can be accomplished with them, and to overcome any reluctance to add them to your modeling repertoire.
This is an extended GB, running 4 April to 31 May, and your hosts are Lancfan, SJPONeill, and Splash.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Modelling and Historical References

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Here ask questions and post historical information and references about the subject of the GB, particularly tips and techniques for vac-form modeling and for sources (catalogs) of available models.

I will start this off with a few links into the CBK SIG forum (some of these may also link back to our old host forum):

Contrail kit list & discussion
Contrail Box Art

Formaplane kit list & discussion

Joystick kit list & discussion

Rareplanes kit list & discussion

And member vacant's Focus on Vacforms website will be useful to anyone building a vacform.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Re: Modelling and Historical References

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Here are my sanding boards. I just use a staple gun in the four corners of the sheet. Note how they fit neatly onto the arms of a comfy outdoor chair.

Note the variety of grit and mix of big sheets, small sheets, and a split belt sander. I use these for both vac-form and resin.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
VickersVandal
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Modelling and Historical References

Post by VickersVandal »

Lars Opland's Khee Kha vacforms site has a good build tutorial for the Bellanca Pacemaker:

http://www.mtaonline.net/~zdk/build.htm;
Must.....build....ALL the Sopwith Camels!...

My Biggles Model display website: https://tinyurl.com/y74ydzae

Return to “Vac-form Kits”