Simon's Spit cousin, the 224

The one you have all been waiting for - Vac(u)-formed kits. Any subject, any kit, so long as the basis of the kit is vac-form (no, you can't enter an injection airplane with a vac-canopy). Started kits are eligible, within reason - this is a learning GB to introduce members the variety of kits, what can be accomplished with them, and to overcome any reluctance to add them to your modeling repertoire.
This is an extended GB, running 4 April to 31 May, and your hosts are Lancfan, SJPONeill, and Splash.
SJPONeill
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Simon's Spit cousin, the 224

Post by SJPONeill »

No progress the last couple of nights...been shortstaffed so working longer days plus optimising days off to prepare for winter e.g. new tyres for the truck, thicker curtains for the glass front door, etc. Did manage to stop in at Taupo Hobbies - still no new tool Defiants - but restocked on epoxy putty which I'll use on the gaps between the under side of the wing and the fuselage...
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
SJPONeill
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Simon's Spit cousin, the 224

Post by SJPONeill »

Apologies for the blurrygram...representative of how I see late at night...
Have filled the gaps at the lower wing roots, jpined the sponson halves and started to carve out the prop...once the sponsons are good, I'll fit them and hit the wings with some spray filler to pick up any remaining gaps or blemishes: too hard against the hard plastic. the clay-coloured smears are the original Milliput blobs showing through the Tamiya thin filler...

Vacant was kind enough to share with me pictures of his completed 224 which had the intended inspirational effect but my little pea bran has fixated on the idea of a 224 in NIVO or similar 30s green to go with Heyfords and Hendons so that is the way I am leaning on the finished product - though listening to the wind howl tonight, I may very well be leaning in a different direction tomorrow morning....
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me

Return to “Vac-form Kits”