Sign-up and Chat

Our 2nd sea-going GB, for any ship, any scale, etc. Does not include amphibious aircraft or vehicles - the medium is water.
Runs 6 weeks, 2 May - 13 Jun; your host is Dazzled. Extended to 28 June.
TobyC
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Sign-up and Chat

Post by TobyC »

Dazzled wrote:These all sound great 8-)

There's no set way to display your models. Do whatever makes you happy......even if that means hanging them from the ceiling ;-)
A flying boat. ;-)
Enjoyment over accuracy. That's my motto
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Purplethistle wrote:
TobyC wrote:
MarkyM607 wrote:I had two in mind, the Airfix Moskva and the Aoshima Kiev. Mum thinks the latter!!. Just a quick question: do we have to do a seascape base for our builds? :shock:
A shot of it floating in the bath with you should suffice I think :)
Oh dear! :shock: Is 'Mind bleach' a thing?
It's better than a shot of the model with me in the shower!!! :ha: :ha: :ha:
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Purplethistle wrote:I'm doing the USS Saratoga on the 1969 Med cruise. I've just looked up the AirWing for that cruise so that I can get the correct a/c and markings.
The kit doesn't have any wee Vigilantes, anyone got any 1/720 Vigilantes, Phantoms or Corsairs that they would want to swap for some Tomcats?
Despite your lack of compliments for my bath appearance I bought a load of Trumpeter 1/700 US aircraft sets for my Enterprise CVN-65, shall I see if there are any left for you or would you prefer kit ones rather than the glass looking Trumpeter ones?. :grin:
jamesaw

Post by jamesaw »

MarkyM607 wrote:
Purplethistle wrote:I'm doing the USS Saratoga on the 1969 Med cruise. I've just looked up the AirWing for that cruise so that I can get the correct a/c and markings.
The kit doesn't have any wee Vigilantes, anyone got any 1/720 Vigilantes, Phantoms or Corsairs that they would want to swap for some Tomcats?
Despite your lack of compliments for my bath appearance I bought a load of Trumpeter 1/700 US aircraft sets for my Enterprise CVN-65, shall I see if there are any left for you or would you prefer kit ones rather than the glass looking Trumpeter ones?. :grin:
Might be able to help out too. I'll let you know after I check this evening.
Purplethistle
Delusional Miniature Killer

Post by Purplethistle »

MarkyM607 wrote:
I was not denigrating you specifically, rather I was shuddering at the prospect of 'Bathies' becoming a thing! (well, guys, anyway!)
I thought better of posting the alternative comment that crossed my mind, " Is that a Trident launch or are you just REALLY pleased with your model?" :ha:

Re the wee planes, either would be great. a Vigilante and a whale are what I really need to complete the 1969 Airwing, extra Corsairs and Phantoms would be a bonus!
"Spits, SLUFS and Rock 'n' Roll"
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Now that I have (almost) stopped laughing ...

Do Not Carry This Further, Thank You.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

No probs!! :grin: . Will have a look and see what I have prob saturday.
Molly-new

Post by Molly-new »

My original plan was to do my Batskiboat for this, but I seem to have done it for the screen stars GB. :oops: :roll: My options now are either a 1:1200 Titanic, or a 1:500 USS Long Beach.
Airfix WWII Aircraft Of The Aces.
Completed - 10
Building -
Pending -4
jamesaw

Post by jamesaw »

I have 3 Vigilantes, 16 Phantoms, 4 E2C's, 3 A3's (one with folded wings) 9 Crusaders, 6 A6's, 2 Huey's and a SeaKing. These are all either from the Revell Enterprise or Italeri Nimitz kits. You are welcome to whatever you can use. I think the A3's may be a tad on the small size (may have come from an old Kennedy kit?). One of our members came to my rescue with A4's for my Enterprise, so I'm more than happy to pay it forward.

Howard
Purplethistle
Delusional Miniature Killer

Post by Purplethistle »

Superb! If it's ok, 2 Vigilantes, 2 Phantoms and 2 A3s would give me a deckfull of all the aircraft on the '69 Med cruise. you are a lifesaver!
"Spits, SLUFS and Rock 'n' Roll"
Heinkel51
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by Heinkel51 »

Been a while since I was on the forum. I'll join in with a revell 1/48th Swift Boat.
2012 - Completed 4; 2013 - Completed 3; 2014- Completed 8; 2015 - Completed 8 (so far)
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Heinkel51 wrote:Been a while since I was on the forum. I'll join in with a revell 1/48th Swift Boat.
Great timing to return. Welcome to the GB :)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Molly-new wrote:My original plan was to do my Batskiboat for this, but I seem to have done it for the screen stars GB. :oops: :roll: My options now are either a 1:1200 Titanic, or a 1:500 USS Long Beach.
If you're looking for a vote Chip, the Long Beach sounds interesting 8-)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Molly-new

Post by Molly-new »

Dazzled wrote:
Molly-new wrote:My original plan was to do my Batskiboat for this, but I seem to have done it for the screen stars GB. :oops: :roll: My options now are either a 1:1200 Titanic, or a 1:500 USS Long Beach.
If you're looking for a vote Chip, the Long Beach sounds interesting 8-)
Sorry Darryl but I am going to have to bail out of this one as life has thrown up a couple of events for the near future which is going to severely reduce my modelling time.
Airfix WWII Aircraft Of The Aces.
Completed - 10
Building -
Pending -4
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

No problem Chip. Happens to us all. Particularly, I've found, if you're studying with the OU :roll:
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Return to “Nautical GB II”