Recovering Photos

Chill out 'n' talk about anything. Have a giggle, play a game or have a rant and try not to fall off the Soap Box. (NOTE Standard Forum Rules apply).
celt
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Recovering Photos

Post by celt »

I have a problem and not being computer minded I dont even know if its possible.I took my laptop to my local PC repair shop,as it was running slow and he advised me to have it wiped and formatted{whatever that is},so I did,he asked me have I got back up photos and I told him I have copies on my stick.Anyway I have lost my stick,so all the photos are gone too.These photos are of family members and pets who are no longer with us so are irreplecable.Can anyone tell me if it is possible to recover the photos from my computer.
fredk

Re: Recovering Photos

Post by fredk »

Possible.
I have a mini-disc with a photo recovery programme on it. The program was made by HAMA. I need to find the disc. I could possibly copy it and send the copy to you.
Its dead simple to run; just run it and it starts recovering the photos
I used it once and it recovered every single photo that had been on my h/d and been deleted; some 20,000 ++; It recovered the ones I really wanted.
The h/d had been reformatted and re-installed a few times by then.
As long as the sectors on your h/d have not been completely written over it will find the photos.
This is the sort of proggy the police use to get the images bad people have been storing then deleting on their computers

Can't promise you this proggy will work, it might, it might get some, or most or just a few.
But worth a try?
In the meantime do not put too much on to the h/d, save to a disc for now.

Formatting is like taking a eraser to a sheet of paper which is written on; it erases everything; but just like that bit of paper the traces of the original writing can still be found.
Al speling misteaks aer all mi own werk..
Its not just how good your painting is, its how good the touch-ups are too.
RudiB
Onto the Clever Stuff, Now.

Post by RudiB »

I feel your pain Celt, I had a similar issue a while back - I accidentally formatted my external hard drive with around 10 years worth of photos! I used a piece of software called FileRecovery Pro, it recovered almost all of the photos.
Although it took 3 days to recover the photos and files as it was a 1tB drive, I now keep two backups of this drive just in case.
I agree with FredK , don't save anything new onto the hard drive as it could affect what you can recover.

Hope you are able to recover your photos

Rudi
celt

Post by celt »

Thanks for the info guys ,much appreciated.I have shut down my laptop and I am now using a hudl. Not easy when you have never used a tablet,other than to take photos before. :oops:
celt

Post by celt »

A family member has paid for my laptop to be sent to a photo recovery firm. I am not expecting all my photos to be saved but at least some of them. :-| Thanks gentlemen for your advice and information it was appreciated.

Return to “General Chat”