Kodak Classic

Chill out 'n' talk about anything. Have a giggle, play a game or have a rant and try not to fall off the Soap Box. (NOTE Standard Forum Rules apply).
Chuck E
Established 1949

Kodak Classic

Post by Chuck E »

I spotted this 1960's classic camera in a second hand shop. I got it for £5.00. When these cameras came out in 1962 they cost around £280. That's a lot of money by today's standards. It all appears to be working OK, but I will need to try it with a film.

I must say that the feel of the camera is wonderful. Excellent engineering. As you see, it's immaculate.

So many models, so little time.
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Kodak Classic

Post by iggie »

That's a nice find and possibly one of the earliest built-in flashes in a mainstream make
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
fredk

Post by fredk »

Thats not the flash; that window is the light meter
Al speling misteaks aer all mi own werk..
Its not just how good your painting is, its how good the touch-ups are too.
iggie

Post by iggie »

fredk wrote:Thats not the flash; that window is the light meter
Oh well, there you go! My old Braun doesn't have one built in (or flash for that matter!)
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
lancfan
Avro's Rivet Rhapsodizer

Post by lancfan »

What a brilliant buy Chuck, it brings back memories of my film photography days, I still have most of my darkroom gear and one of my MPP enlargers- haven't used it for years and probably never will now. Memories!

David.
David.

If you forget the past, you may lose the future.
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

Brilliant find.

I'm an old school photographer and love the traditional layout and controls of the old 35mm cameras, hence my current two favourite cameras are these two, both have all the controls where you would expect on a traditional camera, plus the benefit of being digital.

Having said that, the camera that sees most action in my collection is on my iPhone, especially for quick images on this forum.

My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

A beautiful old Kodak that. I still have my wet film cameras. Two Practicas, a Pentax and a Minolta. Must dig them out again.
My Dad haf a Kodak just like yours. It was s no go area for me and my sisters, definitely 'DO NOT TOUCH'
Thanks for sharing.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

Gregers wrote:My Dad had a Kodak just like yours. It was s no go area for me and my sisters, definitely 'DO NOT TOUCH
That's excellent advice that all dads give to their offspring but unfortunately they don't often follow. I recall one of my Birthdays long long ago when I had talked lots of photos of my TR7 and a Birthday cake in the shape of the TR7, when I finally had the film developed all was lost as it had all been exposed to light, a quick investigation revealed that my young daughter wanted to know what the inside of my camera looked like and had opened it with the film still in. :twisted:

I loved 34mm and still have several Canon SLR's but digital now wins hands down, I only know two shops in Somerset that still sell 35mm and I can't see them stocking it for much longer :sad:

Having said that if I had seen that Kodak camera at that price I would have snapped it up as they are so tactile and make excellent ornaments.

Regards Splash
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
Chuck E
Established 1949

Post by Chuck E »

A couple of nice old cameras there, Splash.

I still have my Nikon EM with loads of lenses and filters. Also my Olympus OM10.

I still have my really early cameras. 110 cassettes and large roll film Ilford. All complete and in their cases.
So many models, so little time.

Return to “General Chat”