UAMF photography thread - any photogs on here?

Chill out 'n' talk about anything. Have a giggle, play a game or have a rant and try not to fall off the Soap Box. (NOTE Standard Forum Rules apply).
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

UAMF photography thread - any photogs on here?

Post by Stuart »

(no real point to this thread, other than I miss you guys and thought it'd be god to chat)

Sorry if I've not been around much lately, I've been having a really bad time at work recently (my new boss is a complete B*****D) and it's kind of killed my interest in most things, that and I've been putting all of my efforts into finding a new job. It's going quite well, I'm waiting on a response for a job with Cobham in Marlow, and was lined up for an interview with the Airlander guys in Cardington before the blooming thing crashed....

Anyway I digress, about the only creative thing I have been doing over the past few months is burning through a lot of film in my cameras, especially these two new additions to my colection:

(Nothing special, but NOT digi or 35mm - let's see if any of you remember what that triangle logo means ;-) )

I was just wondering if any of you guys were into photography as well as modelling? What gear have you got and what do you shoot mainly? Any other film nuts?

It's be good to see some non-modelling pictures if anyone has any to share?

Cheers

Stuart
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stuart

Re: UAMF photography thread - any photogs on here?

Post by Stuart »

Here's one I took the other day with an old Fujifilm Nexia and some boots branded film that had expired about 20 years ago.

Stuart

Post by Stuart »

This is another I tool recently on my old 1970's olympus rangefinder with some Ilford XP2, it's a shot of my favourite part of Stowe landscape gardens.

PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Nice! That's an old Canon!

Just bought a new Tamron 150-600mm zoom for my T5i - I am planning on going to more airshows in the future, plus it'll be useful for my dog show photography. I have that body plus an old XT as a back up/2nd body, though I am hoping to upgrade to a T7i next year. You can check out my dog show stuff at my Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010978606198;
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

PaulBradley wrote:Nice! That's an old Canon!

Just bought a new Tamron 150-600mm zoom for my T5i - I am planning on going to more airshows in the future, plus it'll be useful for my dog show photography. I have that body plus an old XT as a back up/2nd body, though I am hoping to upgrade to a T7i next year. You can check out my dog show stuff at my Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010978606198;
Thanks Paul - I think the Manual says 1996. It's not my oldest though, I have an old FD mount F-1 that comes out of the bag quite often.

You have some great pictures on your FB page, and a nice sounding set up too. I still use my old XT (350D) as my main DSLR.

Let us know how you get on with your new lens.

Cheers

Stuart

PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Cheers, Stu - I'll be playing with it this weekend.
Paul

MarkyM607
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by MarkyM607 »

Sir T wrote:(no real point to this thread, other than I miss you guys and thought it'd be god to chat)

Sorry if I've not been around much lately, I've been having a really bad time at work recently (my new boss is a complete B*****D) and it's kind of killed my interest in most things, that and I've been putting all of my efforts into finding a new job. It's going quite well, I'm waiting on a response for a job with Cobham in Marlow, and was lined up for an interview with the Airlander guys in Cardington before the blooming thing crashed....

Anyway I digress, about the only creative thing I have been doing over the past few months is burning through a lot of film in my cameras, especially these two new additions to my colection:

(Nothing special, but NOT digi or 35mm - let's see if any of you remember what that triangle logo means ;-) )

I was just wondering if any of you guys were into photography as well as modelling? What gear have you got and what do you shoot mainly? Any other film nuts?

It's be good to see some non-modelling pictures if anyone has any to share?

Cheers

Stuart
The Airlander (What's left of it!!), is based about ten miles from me (in Cardington, which you probably know!!). Seen it flying around St Neots or within sight of it a while back. Don't think the gods of aviation want it to work!!!.
Unless Sir T is a God of aviation and caused it to crash!!! :ha: :ha: :ha:
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
iggie

Post by iggie »

The triangle I think was the logo for a kind of film cassette and it would also print date and time on the photos as well? I remember having a compact camera some years ago that used it, but then I got a 35mm SLR (a Praktika :grin: ) second hand and messed about with that for a few years. We used to have a dark room at school and do our own developing and printing :shock:

For a few months I used to get photos developed for free care of the MOD Police at AWRE; cameras were NOT supposed to be taken into the base, and if they found you with one (say as you drove out through the gate, having hidden it under the seat on the way in....) then they would take the film, develop and print it (6x4 only :frown: ) and assuming there was nothing there that was off-limits, they'd give you the prints! :-D
One of my supervisors found out the hard way that the MOD plod had cottoned on to our little ruse for getting free holiday snaps; drove out with his camera in full view, only for said plod to open the camera, remove the canister and then pull the exposed film out......we stopped after that :shock: :-D

Nowadays I'm DSLR only, except for my phone which takes astoundingly good photos and makes me seriously wonder if it's worth bothering with a 'big' camera nowadays. We didn't make a single airshow this year due to other things cropping up (wasted tickets doe Duxford & RIAT) so my 650d and lenses are gathering dust! I am going to do RIAT (and possibly Scampton) next year for the RAF 100th but I think I'm going to make more effort to take the big camera on the boat for wildlife. Mind you; this is one that I took on the phone; who needs a big camera.... :shock:

Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

I wouldn't call myself a photographer but I do love aircraft photography!

I have a Canon EOS 20D with 2 lenses.
I was a bit deluded once by thinking I was and did a wedding for my Uncle.
It went well and the be got the photos all round their house.and a huge photo album with them all in but I would never call it a career or myself a photographer.

Anyway here are a few of my photos:
fredk

Post by fredk »

The symbol was for the APS - Advanced Photo System.
The film negative is about 3/4 the size of a 35mm film one. The cartridge offered a few things such as recording date/time and ratio of the picture and is the negative storage container.
I never used this system; some of my motorsport work was in 35mm, but most was in larger [6x7cm] medium format and other work was in 5x4 inch large format
AFAIK there is nowhere in N.I. to get film processed and printed properly. I took a XP2 film to a place and they totally ruined it

I was very pleased when digital came along and my magazines wanted digital images - no more long hours in a dark-room.
I used to go to a motor race; usually on a Saturday, use about 10 or 12 of 36 exposure films then have to process them all that evening and print off about 120 to 200 10 x 8 prints, all for first thing Monday morning.
Digital - down load, edit and email the photos inside a couple of hours; even able to do it whilst at the race later on

Currently using a Canon 50D, which needs rebuilt again. I 'retired' my 20D a few years ago, No.1 son is using it as his work's camera
Al speling misteaks aer all mi own werk..
Its not just how good your painting is, its how good the touch-ups are too.
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

iggie wrote:Mind you; this is one that I took on the phone; who needs a big camera.... :shock:

Can you do this with your phone? :ha:

Taken with my new lens last night. It was a bit hazy, so not the best of quality, but I will play with exposure and setting over time and try at half-moon.
Paul

fredk

Post by fredk »

A super-moon tonite
Al speling misteaks aer all mi own werk..
Its not just how good your painting is, its how good the touch-ups are too.
iggie

Post by iggie »

PaulBradley wrote:
iggie wrote:Mind you; this is one that I took on the phone; who needs a big camera.... :shock:

Can you do this with your phone? :ha:

Taken with my new lens last night. It was a bit hazy, so not the best of quality, but I will play with exposure and setting over time and try at half-moon.
Nope! Any attempt to photograph the moon (or stars) with my phone results in a blob of bright white in a grainy dark back ground! :-D
I have the Tamron 150-500 and it's an excellent lens on my 650d. A little heavy on the arm perhaps if you use it all day at an airshow but a monopod really helps. It also really works well for candid shots at weddings and similar events.
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

I live in South Wales so all I can get is clouds and rain. If the moon was visible it would likely send the locals into a panic. ;-)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

Stuart wrote: It's not my oldest though, I have an old FD mount F-1 that comes out of the bag quite often.
:drool2:

I have owned several Canon cameras with the FD mount lenses over the years and the F1 was always my dream camera to own.

I’m still in to photography and currently use a couple of fujiflim cameras .

My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.

Return to “General Chat”