LEGO the Movie . . . What next. A bit added.

Chill out 'n' talk about anything. Have a giggle, play a game or have a rant and try not to fall off the Soap Box. (NOTE Standard Forum Rules apply).
Chuck E
Established 1949

LEGO the Movie . . . What next. A bit added.

Post by Chuck E »

Well, the LEGO Movie is going down a storm, so I'm wondering who will be next to get a similar one on the go ?

The Airfix Movie would be very nice. Lots of scope in all those models. Now, if I can come up with a screenplay . . . . .
So many models, so little time.
Miss-Stang
Active Participant

Re: LEGO the Movie . . . What next.

Post by Miss-Stang »

Mmm..... ;-)
Regards,

Miss-Stang
Eric Mc
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Eric Mc »

Crossed my mind as well.
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

Chuck E wrote:Well, the LEGO Movie is going down a storm, so I'm wondering who will be next to get a similar one on the go ?

The Airfix Movie would be very nice. Lots of scope in all those models. Now, if I can come up with a screenplay . . . . .
Well we start with episode IV entitled "A New Hope", as Hornby takes over Airfix and starts production of new kits after years of almost nothing. Of course there has to be some drama and failure (Bf-109G) and dwarves (Spitfire IX pilot), and some trench warfare (panel lines), but we end the film with the new Spitfire I/II flying in massed formations shooting down grotesque caricatures of Spitfire kits (Starfix, Academy and Tamiya) while flying at high speed around the shelves of a model shop.
This leaves us able to have two more films in this trilogy, make even more money with a fairly ropey trilogy set thirty years earlier, and then sell the whole franchise off to Disney...
Up in the Great White North
Eric Mc

Post by Eric Mc »

Or we could have a story based on some model companies ripping their customers off (one beginning with the letter "H" comes to mind) along the lines of "The Wolf of Wall Street".
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

Eric Mc wrote:Or we could have a story based on some model companies ripping their customers off (one beginning with the letter "H" comes to mind) along the lines of "The Wolf of Wall Street".
Greed is Good :mrgreen:
Up in the Great White North
Zee28

Post by Zee28 »

Hasegreedy? He could be the baddie!
BlohmWolf

Post by BlohmWolf »

Lego is undoubtedly, one of the most successful toys brands there was. And of course when you get some really great game series out, a movie would be great thing.

But...I think if there was to be a 'Model kit' movie, it would need a proper meaning for actually making models. Maybe with constant referencing, like in a funny quote:

"About as cheap as a hasegawa kit'.

"Dem trenches bro"

"Where did I leave me' X-33? WHERE IS IT!?

"We're losing him! Get the filler!"

It could work, but it needs an actual play thing appeal, like in the lego movie, not just sitting down on a boring bench and waiting 2 DAYS for something to dry. Actually have the characters (if any) being enthusiastic-

Actually, I'm stopping here. I can't think of anything else to rant ATM, will rant later.
"Can not finish a model at all"

"You can get more of what you want, with a kind word and a wallet, than just a kind word".

Currently Building: FROG Wildcat, Fokker DR1 Red baron and some other things...
SJPONeill

Post by SJPONeill »

Actually we joke about it but I think that there would be some potential for one of those fine BBC teledramas like The Road to Coronation Street (another great British icon) that dramatises the early years of Airfix or maybe Matchbox ("The Maurice Landi Story")...
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
Sissel
Modelling Lady and Scholar

Post by Sissel »

Lego The Movie, what next?
Playmo The Movie. :ha:
Confused as always, and somewhere in hiding on the Scandinavian peninsula...
Saxon

Post by Saxon »

The people of Airfixland must learn to build a real and proper military after decades of complacency when enemy Trumpeters are heard sounding and all Heller is bound to break loose, Tamigawa the former superpower has mobilized it's troops for one last crack at dominance. Hobbyboss although possessing a decent range find themselves the first to be conquered perhaps due to their reserve units still being packed in vac form containers.

Back in Aifixland it is all Rev Rev Revell of the engines as the last of the Concord's is burnt as an apology to the modelling gods and the people seek forgiveness in their brethren of followers, will Airfix once again rule the world or will they Fujimi it up again??
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Playdoh the Movie......hopefully, they don't incorporate 'Smellovision' with that one.....
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
Sissel
Modelling Lady and Scholar

Post by Sissel »

Saxon wrote:The people of Airfixland must learn to build a real and proper military after decades of complacency when enemy Trumpeters are heard sounding and all Heller is bound to break loose, Tamigawa the former superpower has mobilized it's troops for one last crack at dominance. Hobbyboss although possessing a decent range find themselves the first to be conquered perhaps due to their reserve units still being packed in vac form containers.

Back in Aifixland it is all Rev Rev Revell of the engines as the last of the Concord's is burnt as an apology to the modelling gods and the people seek forgiveness in their brethren of followers, will Airfix once again rule the world or will they Fujimi it up again??
Oh I support that one! :grin:
Well written.
Confused as always, and somewhere in hiding on the Scandinavian peninsula...
Saxon

Post by Saxon »

Thanks Priscia, I seem to be on a roll here so added part two below.
Saxon wrote:The people of Airfixland must learn to build a real and proper military after decades of complacency when enemy Trumpeters are heard sounding and all Heller is bound to break loose, Tamigawa the former superpower has mobilized it's troops for one last crack at dominance. Hobbyboss although possessing a decent range find themselves the first to be conquered perhaps due to their reserve units still being packed in vac form containers.

Meanwhile in the Academy Lt Jack Sprue has just been moulded into a... well an Ok-ish pilot, he walks from his final class out onto the tarmac and sees a rather ridiculously armed up Tornado, was this armed by a 14 year old boy who can't get a girlfriend or some adult who just didn't care about how weight effects the range of an aircraft and fuel consumption?? Not being able to shrug his shoulders he gets into the Tornado and blasts off, his first target that place where old kits go to to die.... Ebay.

Will it be game, set and Matchbox for Lt Sprue or will he be able to save the day for Airfixland?
Eric Mc

Post by Eric Mc »

How about a movie where a mad industrialist decides to bring back a species of kit not seen for aeons but ends up unleashing on the world a flood of flash ridden, warped and unglueable models.

The film would be called "Frogspawn - The Movie" - with a strap line - 40 years in the making.

It might even be a documentary.

Or an instructional movie about building Tamiya's McLaren 1976 M23 and Ferrari 312 called "DON'T Rush".

Return to “General Chat”