What Is The Last Movie/Show You Saw?

Chill out 'n' talk about anything. Have a giggle, play a game or have a rant and try not to fall off the Soap Box. (NOTE Standard Forum Rules apply).
Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: What Is The Last Movie/Show You Saw?

Post by Dazzled »

J. Edgar. Brilliant performance from Leonardo DiCaprio. Great if you like biopics.

Clash of the Titans (2010). Modern special effects and a great cast make this a highly watchable historic adventure story.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Cameronian
Onto the Clever Stuff, Now.

Post by Cameronian »

Riddick, Film 4 the other night. Never drags, always something happening.
"The time has come, the walrus said..."
chrism

Post by chrism »

The Dad's army film was well and sympathetically done and portrayed the original cast well.
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
iggie

Post by iggie »

Crikey! I had to go back three pages to find this thread :shock:

Went to see Blade Runner 2049 this afternoon; fabulous!! I'd even go so far as to say that it might actually be a tiny bit better than the original :shock: .
Excellent plot/storyline, maintaining the ethical and emotional aspects from the original and some excellent acting from all the cast, including ..... but that would spoil it :-D
If you liked the original, GO! If you weren't born when the original cane out, still GO!!
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
VickersVandal

Post by VickersVandal »

Iggie, you are correct in all that you say :grin: :grin:
It was so powerful and atmospheric it was almost overwhelming in parts.

I also liked that they used quite a few relatively unknown actors in key roles (and their casting choices paid dividends). Always a hallmark of a good film maker in my opinion.
Must.....build....ALL the Sopwith Camels!...

My Biggles Model display website: https://tinyurl.com/y74ydzae
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

Me Sarah and little Greg watched WALL-E a couple of nights ago. Got to admit I enjoyed it. I did start to wonder how I could make a WALL-E model out of kit parts though, sad or what?

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Gregers wrote:Me Sarah and little Greg watched WALL-E a couple of nights ago. Got to admit I enjoyed it. I did start to wonder how I could make a WALL-E model out of kit parts though, sad or what?

All the best.

Greg
We're collectively saying nothing.... :ha:
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
general rocket

Post by general rocket »

MarkyM607 wrote:
Gregers wrote:Me Sarah and little Greg watched WALL-E a couple of nights ago. Got to admit I enjoyed it. I did start to wonder how I could make a WALL-E model out of kit parts though, sad or what?

All the best.

Greg
We're collectively saying nothing.... :ha:
The temptation is great
I wish, that I knew what was doing!
iggie

Post by iggie »

Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

Our last new film we saw was Spiderman Homecoming.
Since then I've watched Suicide Squad.
bobblelink
Active Participant

Post by bobblelink »

Baby Driver and Bridge of Spies on the plane back from Oz, both excellent films well worth a watch.
currently on the go: Revell Blenheim I, Italeri Me210, Revell HMS victory, Revell 1/144 p-47
completions in 2012:8, completions in 2013: 13, Completions in 2014:10, Completions in 2015: 9, Completions in 2016: 8, Completions in 2017: 9, Completions in 2018: 12, completions in 2019:7, completions in 2020: 17
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

Not into rom coms personally but Sarah persuadrd me to watch 'Mr Right' Am certainly glad I did. Quite funny and plenty of gun play and blood.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
Narayan
If anyone needs me, I'll be in my office

Post by Narayan »

Blade Runner 2049. Fantastic.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

A:B 2017 15:2 2016 27:10 2015 53:07 2014 21:04 2013 39:12 2012 20:05 2011 11:10 2010 44:12 2009 19:16 2008 16:03 Overall 347:87
Miss-Stang
Active Participant

Post by Miss-Stang »

Hi, I recently saw a film on 'movies4men' (freeview 48) called 'Shady Lady'. It was about 380th bombardment group which flew B-24 Liberators on one of WWII longest bombing missions from Darwin, Australia to the oil refineries in Balikpapan in the East Kalimantan province on the island of Borneo, Indonesia.

What can I say? I thought it was a brilliant film, that was part documentary and part dramatic reconstruction.

I would recommend anyone to give it a look. Sometimes these smaller channels throw up some real gems :)
Regards,

Miss-Stang
SJPONeill

Post by SJPONeill »

Scored a few on my last visit to civilisation...

The new Ghostbusters - not as frightful as people said but not nearly as polished or clever as the original with too many nods back to the classic version...about what you would expect from a Melissa McCarthy vehicle: not horrible but no classic...

Jack Reacher - Never Come Back...not marksmanship focussed like the first movie so , for me, less attractive, still entertaining but lite...

Ghost in the Shell - have watched a lot of the anime versions and IMHO this is fairly true to the genre...not sure why all the Japanese needed to be subtitled when you would expect either all the speech to be Japanese as it is set in Japan with Japanese characters - reading subtitles is a pain (take note Star Trek Discovery) and again IMHO unnecessary expect in very small quantities...great effects...
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me

Return to “General Chat”