Le Boom! *BOOM BOOM*

This is a GB for Heller kits and derivatives thereof - any kit, any scale, any variant, any markings. However, not everyone is allowed to build HMS Victory, so get your bids in early. Runs 12 September through 11 October and your host is TobyC.
MarkyM607
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Le Boom! *BOOM BOOM*

Post by MarkyM607 »

Turned out superbly considering the problems you mentioned. I've just received the 1/350th Dragon USS Florida (Ohio Class), and she is one long lady!.
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

MarkyM607 wrote:Turned out superbly considering the problems you mentioned. I've just received the 1/350th Dragon USS Florida (Ohio Class), and she is one long lady!.
Nice. Is that the one with the cruise misile silos?
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Kitaholic wrote:Nice work on that, funny how something as simple looking as a sub never turns out to be that way. Well tackled and finished
TBH mate I shouldn't have expected too much. The kit dates from 1971 and the moulds are clearly not at their best.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
TobyC

Post by TobyC »

I do like that ... a lot :)
Enjoyment over accuracy. That's my motto
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Dazzled wrote:
MarkyM607 wrote:Turned out superbly considering the problems you mentioned. I've just received the 1/350th Dragon USS Florida (Ohio Class), and she is one long lady!.
Nice. Is that the one with the cruise misile silos?
Yes, it has tops for at least two of the silos that have five or six shapes each so clearly converted for cruise missiles. All of the silos appear to be visible although I haven't looked to see if all can be posed open yet. The silos are on one hull part and there is a covering that goes on top of that, that has openings for all the tubes so maybe!. She is designated SSGN rather than SSBN and has two small floodable pods on the back for special forces use.
Will have to post a parts shot in Ships and Subs section.
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.

Return to “Heller Kit GB”