Greg's Jet Pig.

In honor of all those ol' training aircraft - the home of many a foundering fledgling oblivious that while the IP was attempting to show a calm, reassuring demeanor, his hands, tightly clutched onto some aircraft part, were slowly tearing it to pieces .... Many of us have been there .... The GB runs 1 to 29 Nov, and your host is Old_Tonto.
Gregers
Forum founder

Greg's Jet Pig.

Post by Gregers »

I'll be attacking a rather old Airfix Jet Provost. Original unopened and waiting to have improvements inflicted upon it.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
Old_Tonto
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Greg's Jet Pig.

Post by Old_Tonto »

Improvements? Sounds exciting.
2023 - A:0 B:0 C:0
Current Projects:
East German Air Force (1956-90)
South African Air Force (1958-93)
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

For starters the wings are wrong, being based on pre production drawings and prototype T3 XN117. The interior is not good at all. I know I am a bit of a Jet Provost anorak though having spent hundreds of hours getting my hands dirty on them so I am in real danger of trying too hard with this one. If I do what I am thinking though I will be converting it to a T4 too.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
Albert Einstein
Old_Tonto
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Old_Tonto »

Any progress Greg?
2023 - A:0 B:0 C:0
Current Projects:
East German Air Force (1956-90)
South African Air Force (1958-93)
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

Sorry about the late reply. I have been working on the JP but things got in the way. I've got as far as closing up the fuselage and putting the wings together. I did quite a bit of corrective work on it and I think I didn't allow for the extra time this would take as well as life getting in the way. I will post pics in my workbench thread soon. Sorry for the DNF folks.

All the best.

Greg
Albert Einstein

Return to “Training Aircraft”