Arc's Polish Trainer

In honor of all those ol' training aircraft - the home of many a foundering fledgling oblivious that while the IP was attempting to show a calm, reassuring demeanor, his hands, tightly clutched onto some aircraft part, were slowly tearing it to pieces .... Many of us have been there .... The GB runs 1 to 29 Nov, and your host is Old_Tonto.
Arcwelder
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Arc's Polish Trainer

Post by Arcwelder »

My offering will be the Mistercraft (old ZTS Plastyk mould, I believe) RWD-8 in 1/72. Scheme will be that of the Polish Air Force Training Centre at Deblin in 1937. Apparently a very popular aircraft with those who learned to fly in it, no less a figure than Stanislaw Skalski later describing it as "Very easy to fly.. a piece of cake!". It was also used for recon, observation, (very) light bombing and display/aerobatics by lots of different operators.

But as this is a trainer GB, we'll stick with its primary function!
Is this your sanderling?.

2016: A:40 B:12
TomW

Re: Arc's Polish Trainer

Post by TomW »

And a very nice kit to build it is as well Arc, I did one a couple of years ago and didn't have a single issue with it.

Regards

Tom
Veni, Venari, Vamoosi

Coastal Command SIG Leader 2012 - 2016

We'll call him Dinghy Watts...... - Paul Bradley

2016 A:B = 29:11
2015 A:B = 38:14
2014 A:B = 25:9
2013 A:B = 20:17
2012 A:B = I didn't keep score
2011 A:B = 39:11
2010 A:B = 51:10
Arcwelder

Post by Arcwelder »

Here it is..

It is not a complex kit.

There's some flash and other bits to fix, but by and large, it's far from bad-looking.

Here's the scheme... as ever with Mistercraft, the decals will be wretched, but I've just taken delivery of some sheets from Techmod that should fill any gaps.

Barry

Post by Barry »

Nifty little airplane. The sprues look familiar...I think it's the same one I built under the PZW Models label.
2012 A:12 B:13 C:0
Przemek
Active Participant

Post by Przemek »

Hi!
Nice to see a model of this beautiful pre-war aircraft. Yes, it's the same model, that had been issued as PZW Siedlce. Decals from Master (Mister) Craft are good. The only drawback is the translucent white color. But they are not totally wrong ;)
Przemek
Arcwelder

Post by Arcwelder »

OK, took a break in between an essay on Education in Prison and one on Coercive Confinement to do a bit of work on the RWD-8.. and it kind of just fell together. The Mister/Mastercraft decals were rubbish but held it together enough (warm water is the key to these bad boys: they shatter on contact with cold and still do their best to disintegrate even with warm) and I used Techmod's "Polish Insignia" sheet for the upper wings.
I've dry-fitted the wing struts and they line up nicely, so just got to fit them, glazing, undercart and fiddly bits/rigging and lawd awmighty, I might actually finish a GB.

iggie

Post by iggie »

Looking good!
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Przemek
Active Participant

Post by Przemek »

I like it :)
Chuck Finley

Post by Chuck Finley »

Arcwelder wrote:OK, took a break in between an essay on Education in Prison and one on Coercive Confinement to do a bit of work on the RWD-8.. and it kind of just fell together. The Mister/Mastercraft decals were rubbish but held it together enough (warm water is the key to these bad boys: they shatter on contact with cold and still do their best to disintegrate even with warm) and I used Techmod's "Polish Insignia" sheet for the upper wings.
I've dry-fitted the wing struts and they line up nicely, so just got to fit them, glazing, undercart and fiddly bits/rigging and lawd awmighty, I might actually finish a GB.

Look's really good.
On second thoughts, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place!

Return to “Training Aircraft”