Hobby Boss Easykit P-40B/C "Hawk"-81

For Hobby Boss kits -- any genre, type, scale, etc ...
GB runs 1 to 29 Nov and your host is TobyC.
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Re: Hobby Boss Easykit P-40B/C "Hawk"-81

Post by beany »

Congratulations on finishing Steve - lovely build mate. I made this one some years back when Hobby Boss were the new kids on the block and I was only just seriously getting back into modelling. I finished mine in the other scheme as you can see, but for some reason never applied the red tail band decal - something I must do one day! Seeing yours completed has inspired me to finished the last 1% of mine ;-)

Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
Stevehnz
Active Participant

Post by Stevehnz »

Looks good Al, I can see another of these heading my way, though I do have at least 3 of the Airfix version to tackle at some stage. I originally bought my one of these because I thought the colour of the Nationalist Chinese marking was a better shade of blue than the, to me, overly washed out shade of the Airfix decals.
Steve.
fredk
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by fredk »

I always thought the blue looked washed out till I found out that the markings on the top of the wings were a) painted with a paler blue and b) that blue faded greatly, unlike the strong blue used on the markings on the underside of the wings.
Al speling misteaks aer all mi own werk..
Its not just how good your painting is, its how good the touch-ups are too.
Stevehnz
Active Participant

Post by Stevehnz »

Interesting that, something I've not come across, I've long thought that it was the same as the underwing colour but more faded 'cause it saw more sun/weather. Be that as it is, Airfix do theirs with the same very pale blue for top & bottom, I'm keen to have some differentiation between the two, hence why I wanted the markings from this kit, they're still quite pale but not as much as the Airfix ones.
Steve.
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

Nice build Steve. Always good to see a Desert Hawk. :grin:
Up in the Great White North

Return to “Hobby Boss kits”