Sign-up and Chat

Any subject, any scale, just so long as it fits within the outer diameter of a CD (or DVD, or BlueRay). And some of those famous UAMF extra ninja brownie bonus points if you can match the CD/DVD with the subject of the build.
Runs 20 Dec to 31 Jan, and your host is jRatz.
Molly-new
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Sign-up and Chat

Post by Molly-new »

AndrewR wrote:
Very nice Andrew, and no pressure at all on the ship builders now.;-)
Airfix WWII Aircraft Of The Aces.
Completed - 10
Building -
Pending -4
philp

Post by philp »

OK, quick question. For some reason when I had read this about tying the CD to the CD I was thinking movies/TV shows as in DVD. Hence Tora, Tora, Tora for a Pearl Harbor scene or The Battle of Britain for a uh, you get the picture.

Is it really just a music CD we are trying to tie in? If so, that may affect some (if not all) of my choices.
fredk

Post by fredk »

Not just music, DVD/film too.

From the original suggestion guide;
Sir T wrote:The UAMF ‘Compact Diorama’ GB… Any subject, any scale, just so long as it fits within the outer diameter of a CD (or DVD, or BlueRay).
ANY subject, any scale – just so long as it fits within the confines of the CD – Simple really. (oh, and extra ninja brownie bonus points if you can match the CD/DVD with the subject of the build).
Al speling misteaks aer all mi own werk..
Its not just how good your painting is, its how good the touch-ups are too.
philp

Post by philp »

OK, good. I thought I had seen that but was getting worried.
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

fredk wrote:Not just music, DVD/film too.

From the original suggestion guide;
Sir T wrote:The UAMF ‘Compact Diorama’ GB… Any subject, any scale, just so long as it fits within the outer diameter of a CD (or DVD, or BlueRay).
ANY subject, any scale – just so long as it fits within the confines of the CD – Simple really. (oh, and extra ninja brownie bonus points if you can match the CD/DVD with the subject of the build).
Yep - that's correct - CD/DVD/Blue Ray...
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
DavidWomby

Post by DavidWomby »

OK. I am in too. I need something lighthearted to build to get me going again and this GB is fun. I'll start up a thread for my build.

David
philp

Post by philp »

Ok, I am struggling to pick what I want to build.

I have several miniatures that could get done (they are 24-30mm types, Stargate, Monty Python, Dr. Who and a bunch of others) as little dioramas which is where I was thinking but finding a CD/DVD tie in for some of them hasn't produced anything yet.

I also have the Andrea Miniatures 80mm Catwoman which would need some fleshing out for the base. Ideas are the Batman Returns DVD or Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.

Also have a bunch of 72nd armor with two possibilities being an M-113 ACAV with Good Morning Vietnam or and LRDG truck with some Desert theme.

Decisions, decisions.
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

philp wrote:Ok, I am struggling to pick what I want to build.

I have several miniatures that could get done (they are 24-30mm types, Stargate, Monty Python, Dr. Who and a bunch of others) as little dioramas which is where I was thinking but finding a CD/DVD tie in for some of them hasn't produced anything yet.

I also have the Andrea Miniatures 80mm Catwoman which would need some fleshing out for the base. Ideas are the Batman Returns DVD or Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.

Also have a bunch of 72nd armor with two possibilities being an M-113 ACAV with Good Morning Vietnam or and LRDG truck with some Desert theme.

Decisions, decisions.
I should point out that the subject does not have to match the DVD/CD - that was just a bonus.

My Dio is being made on a blank DVD.

Cheers

Stuart
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
philp

Post by philp »

I plan on using a blank or an old one for the base but want to do the tie in if I can.
Kevan Bailey
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten
Location: Kirkby la Thorpe, Lincolnshire or Plomari, Lesvos, depending.

Post by Kevan Bailey »

I've only just noticed this thread and I know it's a bit late, but can I play too?

Browsing through the Airfix sale I noticed they'd a couple of 1/48 Landrovers and you couldn't not buy them for 4.99; I've a few Empress Miniatures SAS troopers stashed away somewhere, so I'm proposing an Afghanistan sort of thing (assuming the Landy will fit onto a CD!!)

I'll start a thread on the build once I've got started; can't think of a title just yet and I have no idea how to post photographs but I'm sure I'll work it out.
Kevan Bailey
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Kevan Bailey wrote:I've only just noticed this thread and I know it's a bit late, but can I play too?

Browsing through the Airfix sale I noticed they'd a couple of 1/48 Landrovers and you couldn't not buy them for 4.99; I've a few Empress Miniatures SAS troopers stashed away somewhere, so I'm proposing an Afghanistan sort of thing (assuming the Landy will fit onto a CD!!)

I'll start a thread on the build once I've got started; can't think of a title just yet and I have no idea how to post photographs but I'm sure I'll work it out.
Sure, welcome. Here are two posts about posting photos and don't be shy about asking questions:
http://www.uamf.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=237;
http://www.uamf.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12587;
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

Just a quick question, I am planning on using an old destroyed model of a World War II bomber(can't remember which one) in a Crash Diorama.
I'd have no problem fitting it into the area of a CD I was just wondering if it would be possible to use a model in the GB that I haven't built as it was built about 30 years ago but the persons who gave it to me destroyed it in an accident.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Possible, show us a picture and describe what you are going to do with it ...
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

Hiya jRatz.
Here is the pic you asked for:
I won't be using it all, in this Diorama I plan on just using the fuselage so I will be able to fit it in.
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

I would like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to John for leading this brillient GB, I really enjoyed the concept of an open GB with tight dimensional constraints.

The constant laser threat hanging over your head if you built outside the agreed boundaries focused me to think out of the box and try to fit a quart into a pint pot.

Looking at the number of starts, completions and active comments on every thread, I would class this as a highly successful GB and one we should re-visit at a later date.

Cheers again John

Regards Splash
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.

Return to “"C"ompact "D"iorama GB”