Sign-up and Chat

Any subject, any scale, just so long as it fits within the outer diameter of a CD (or DVD, or BlueRay). And some of those famous UAMF extra ninja brownie bonus points if you can match the CD/DVD with the subject of the build.
Runs 20 Dec to 31 Jan, and your host is jRatz.
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Re: Sign-up and Chat

Post by Stuart »

splash wrote:I would like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to John for leading this brillient GB, I really enjoyed the concept of an open GB with tight dimensional constraints.

The constant laser threat hanging over your head if you built outside the agreed boundaries focused me to think out of the box and try to fit a quart into a pint pot.

Looking at the number of starts, completions and active comments on every thread, I would class this as a highly successful GB and one we should re-visit at a later date.

Cheers again John

Regards Splash
I completely agree with Splash.

This has been a great GB and it's been really entertaining to see what people have come up. The level of workmanship has been brilliant.

We should do this one again!

Cheers

Stuart
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

Yup, we've had a lot of very good builds here. I have another lined up for next year :-D
Up in the Great White North
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Getting down to the wire; we have 14 completions so far and a couple working.

It looks like the following have not yet been posted to the Completions Gallery:
Molly-new: Lost Boys
Marky..: Nebula fight
PT: Who will be next
iggie: Twist again
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by iggie »

Sir T wrote:
splash wrote:I would like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to John for leading this brillient GB, I really enjoyed the concept of an open GB with tight dimensional constraints.

The constant laser threat hanging over your head if you built outside the agreed boundaries focused me to think out of the box and try to fit a quart into a pint pot.

Looking at the number of starts, completions and active comments on every thread, I would class this as a highly successful GB and one we should re-visit at a later date.

Cheers again John

Regards Splash

This has been a great GB and it's been really entertaining to see what people have come up. The level of workmanship has been brilliant.

Cheers

Stuart
Hear hear for what booth Splash and Sir T have said.

I think we have all not only enjoyed this GB but learned to think of new ways to show our builds inside tight physical constraints.
I will certainly look forward to doing this again and would hope that, like the Secret Santa GB it becomes an annual feature and tradition on the UAMF
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Purplethistle
Delusional Miniature Killer

Post by Purplethistle »

iggie wrote:
Sir T wrote:

Cheers again John

Regards Splash

Cheers

Stuart
Hear hear for what booth Splash and Sir T have said.

I think we have all not only enjoyed this GB but learned to think of new ways to show our builds inside tight physical constraints.
I will certainly look forward to doing this again and would hope that, like the Secret Santa GB it becomes an annual feature and tradition on the UAMF

Ditto all of the above. I always get a greater sense of achievement from making something 'Left field' and everyone who has contributed to this has shown great imagination and skill. Hopefully there will be more imagination stretching excercises! :-D
"Spits, SLUFS and Rock 'n' Roll"
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

I've been amazed by the range of subjects - great stuff all around.
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Getting down to the wire; we are up to 17 completions, with a few great last-day finishes.

It looks like the following have not yet been posted to the Completions Gallery:
Marky..: Nebula fight
PT: Who will be next
iggie: Twist again
clash...: he's arrived
Kevan: Newbie
Arcwelder

Post by Arcwelder »

agree with the above sentiments.. great range of ideas, subjects and styles. And no 1/144 aircraft!
Is this your sanderling?.

2016: A:40 B:12
Purplethistle
Delusional Miniature Killer

Post by Purplethistle »

Arcwelder wrote:agree with the above sentiments.. great range of ideas, subjects and styles. And no 1/144 aircraft!
Only because my 'Dave Gilmour playing 'The Wall' live with Stuka model' got bumped out by David Bowies passing, and I couldn't get a 1/144 Me 262 to do the Blue Oyster Cult 'Secret Treaties' album cover!

:-D
"Spits, SLUFS and Rock 'n' Roll"
Molly-new

Post by Molly-new »

jRatz wrote: It looks like the following have not yet been posted to the Completions Gallery:
Sorry John, my bad. Posted now, and I agree wholeheartedly with the others, a great idea, some cracking builds and the opportunity to get the old grey cells working on how to squeeze it all in. Same again next year?
Airfix WWII Aircraft Of The Aces.
Completed - 10
Building -
Pending -4
Arcwelder

Post by Arcwelder »

Purplethistle wrote:
Arcwelder wrote:agree with the above sentiments.. great range of ideas, subjects and styles. And no 1/144 aircraft!
Only because my 'Dave Gilmour playing 'The Wall' live with Stuka model' got bumped out by David Bowies passing, and I couldn't get a 1/144 Me 262 to do the Blue Oyster Cult 'Secret Treaties' album cover!

:-D
Next time, PT.

I couldn't source a 1/44 Schwalbe either.. Had a CD plan for that, too.
Is this your sanderling?.

2016: A:40 B:12
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

Is this a record? Everyone who started the GB finished on time.
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Splash, I'm not sure about a record, but you are correct ...
folks, we have 100% complete on-time, no extensions
:party:
You all, every one, deserve a round of applause (and/or :beer:) for the very creative and exciting scenes you have portayed and for the high quality of your work.

Kevan: Newbie
jssel: s-boot

I thank you all very much for your participation. I'll leave this here a few days to get the stray pix and for the celebration.

And please, I only honcho'd this - the original idea came from Sit T[/] and splash., they deserve all the credit.
Clashcityrocker

Post by Clashcityrocker »

jRatz wrote:It looks like the following have not yet been posted to the Completions Gallery:
All done. Thanks everybody. Gotta say compared to some of the other models and dioramas, my effort seems a bit tame. A car on a plastic road :roll: But who doesn't like a six wheeled Mercedes eh? :grin:

Nigel
iggie

Post by iggie »

I hope there will be a next time.......
After all, I have a spare Pitt's Special to use up now! :roll: :grin:

Great result all round folks, thanks for your company :-D
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"

Return to “"C"ompact "D"iorama GB”