Beany's Christmas Takes a Dive - Ju88 fashion that is!

The grand opening and building from the Secret Santa exchange.
Runs 24 Dec - 31 Jan and your host is MattBacon.
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Beany's Christmas Takes a Dive - Ju88 fashion that is!

Post by beany »

I have been working away from home since the 23rd so took my SS present with me and opened it in Thames Valley Signalling Centre in Didcot on Xmas morning - a Revell 1/72 Junkers Ju88 - most appropriate for the leader of the Revell Modelling SIG! Thank you Secret Santa. It almost fulfils the CBK remit as a classic as well - the instructions say 1989, but unfortunately it was not actually tooled or manufactured int the UK. I took a couple of photos with my phone on the day but will have to upload them later. I took some tools to work so began cutting parts off the runners, but realised the glue I had was a tad too aromatic for the environment where I was sitting in the mess room (12 hour on-call standby shifts) so couldn't do much more. I've gotten home today to a family all in bed ill with a vomiting virus, so no Christmas lunch today and worst still no presents opened yet - and I'm away back to work again tomorrow so Xmas is a bit of a bust so far for me. Don't get me wrong, compared to those poor sods in other parts of the UK who are flooded out of their homes again I've got nothing to complain about, but I'm very tired and just feeling a bit under the weather myself, so not much modelling is likely for the next few days.

Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Beany's Christmas Takes a Dive - Ju88 fashion that is!

Post by iggie »

Hope the family recovers soon Al and you all get the chance to have a late Christmas when you can all get together!
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

Here are the photos I took with my phone at work on Christmas Day.

My family and I are just about sufficiently recovered from our illness to open our presents and have our Christmas Dinner tomorrow - New Years Day! I may even get some more done to the Ju.88.

Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

Well never has it been more appropriate to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:2) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by iggie »

I hope you all have a great time later today at your belated Christmas dinner, all the best to you all!
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"

Return to “Secret Santa 2015”