Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Re: Stuart's Cold War Build Thread

Post by Stuart »

Thanks Shaun!

More pictures!

Cheers

Stuart
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

''All mistakes can be hidden with poor photography :-D ''
Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Dazzled »

Looks even better in these pictures Stu 8-)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Thanks Darryl!

ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

A great finish Stuart - the SuE is a great looking aircraft IMHO.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
TomW

Post by TomW »

That's a lovely result Stuart, it will look great on the table come November.

Regards

Tom
Veni, Venari, Vamoosi

Coastal Command SIG Leader 2012 - 2016

We'll call him Dinghy Watts...... - Paul Bradley

2016 A:B = 29:11
2015 A:B = 38:14
2014 A:B = 25:9
2013 A:B = 20:17
2012 A:B = I didn't keep score
2011 A:B = 39:11
2010 A:B = 51:10
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Thanks Gents..!

Whilst I still awaiting the paint for the SU-27, this found it's way onto the bench this morning...

I haven't done much to it yet as I have a rather nasty migraine - but I did go through the instructions making notes of the Revel paint codes.

The strange thing is I seem to have painted the interior at some point - I have no memory of doing it though.

This'll be built as an RAF Germany aircraft carrying JP233s.

Cheers

Stuart

ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Hope the head is better Stuart. I built this kit a number of years ago and it has certainly been around a while. Revell came up trumps with this one though as it is still regarded as being one of the best, if not the best, kit of the aircraft in 1/72nd. I haven't got round to building another Tornado yet but this kit would be my default choice unless, of course, I was building CBK in which case I would probably go Airfix but the kit ain't nearly as good.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

I agree Shaun, the Revel kit is certainly the better of the two but the Airfix kit certainly scrubs up well with a bit of TLC - I enjoyed the F-3.

Here is where I got to with the Tornado thus far...

And that's where it'll have to stay for a moment as the bench has been invaded by a couple of Sukhois for the Lesser countries GB, and of course the Telford display.

This is the first - the Airfix/Heller kit picked up from ebay for less than a tenner :-D

The other will be the trumpy kit - pics to follow!

Cheers

Stuart

Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Evening All,

Well I think it’s safe to say I’ve been as much use as the proverbial Durex machine in the Vatican when it comes to being an effective member of the SIG.

I can only apologise for that. To be honest I’m highly unlikely to be able to attend any shows (and I do really appriciate the invites) – I would have really liked to attend MK last month but the truth of the matter is I have a child with Autism and ADHD, and a wonderful but highly strung wife who alas, through no fault of her own, falls to pieces if she has to look after him on her own for more than a few hours. As it is I spend my life running around after them all juggling home and work and trying to make everyone happy. When I do get some free time at the weekend – quite frankly, as much as I’d really like to spend time with you all, spending a few hours in a crowded hall with the rest of Joe-public isn’t what I generally feel like doing (it’s sleeping mostly).
I do you really hope I can get together with you all at some point – but I doubt it’ll be anytime soon , things need to calm down a lot here before I can. I just think god I have the internet and these forums otherwise I’d have gone mad.

Anyway, the way I see it I have two choices, I can either quit the SIG (would you notice?), which I’d rather not do as I’ve already left the CBK SIG and as you know, I love the period, or I can try and contribute in some small way – if you’d like, I’d rather do that.

With the latter option in mind (and for a few other reasons), I bought this…

I asume we already have a 1/48 F-86 and Mig-15 and I thought this would sit nicely alongside them - if you'd like it, I'll get it built for Telford along with something else if I can (Unless of course, you'd rather show me the door - in which case I'd fully understand).

Cheers

Stuart

Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

[quote="Sir T"]Evening All,

Well I think it’s safe to say I’ve been as much use as the proverbial Durex machine in the Vatican when it comes to being an effective member of the SIG.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I for one would really like you to remain a member of the SIG Stu. Most members are unable to make shows and your reasons are most understandable. Mrs D works as a care manager so knows the demands that such disabilities place on carers. The purpose of the SIG is to have fun and share builds and knowledge of the Cold War era and you seem to be doing a bang up job in that respect.

The Tunnan looks like an interesting subject and I'll be interested to see how good the kit is. HB are either brilliant or awful. They don't seem to have mastered that middle ground yet :roll:

We do have a 1/48th Mig-15 but, as far as I know, not an F-86 yet so if you want to build one feel free. 8-)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Dazzled wrote:
Sir T wrote:Evening All,

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought that would make you laugh.

I for one would really like you to remain a member of the SIG Stu. Most members are unable to make shows and your reasons are most understandable. Mrs D works as a care manager so knows the demands that such disabilities place on carers. The purpose of the SIG is to have fun and share builds and knowledge of the Cold War era and you seem to be doing a bang up job in that respect.

The Tunnan looks like an interesting subject and I'll be interested to see how good the kit is. HB are either brilliant or awful. They don't seem to have mastered that middle ground yet :roll:

We do have a 1/48th Mig-15 but, as far as I know, not an F-86 yet so if you want to build one feel free. 8-)
Thanks Darryl - it's appriciated.

The Tunnan is a superb kit - probably one of the nicerst I've built. I'll post up some pictures ASAP. I've also just aquired an F-86D Sabre Dog in 1/48 - so hopefully I'll get both done.

I also have a 1/72 Fury, Panther, Sabre and two post war Spitifres built up as well if we need them.

Cheers

Stuart

Return to “Cold War Builds”