A Theme For '16

Moderators: Falcon, Dazzled

Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Re: A Theme For '16

Post by Stuart »

Dazzled wrote:
Sir T wrote:Ha... yeah I'd forgotten Sea and Space :-D

A 1/72 Super Carrier although a great looking model, would certainly be a bugger to fit into the display!
Not to mention the back of the car :lol:
Pah - you could stick wheels and a hook on it and tow it :-D
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Just digging through my stash today - I have a few kits that would fit this already - An Super Etendard, Mig-23 and F/A-18A for starters - and a Tornado GR.1.

Blueberryruby
Active Participant

Post by Blueberryruby »

Sir T wrote:
Dazzled wrote:
Sir T wrote:Ha... yeah I'd forgotten Sea and Space :-D

A 1/72 Super Carrier although a great looking model, would certainly be a bugger to fit into the display!
Not to mention the back of the car :lol:
Pah - you could stick wheels and a hook on it and tow it :-D
Better yet, stick an outboard on it and sail it up the canal!
My Workbench Window is the Blueberry-Bench
Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Dazzled »

Sir T wrote:Just digging through my stash today - I have a few kits that would fit this already - An Super Etendard, Mig-23 and F/A-18A for starters - and a Tornado GR.1.
I think a Tonka for the UK will be a must 8-)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
iggie

Post by iggie »

Blueberryruby wrote: Better yet, stick an outboard on it and sail it up the canal!
I've already looked at that option but the nearest one is quite a distance away......I'd thought perhaps a 34' narrow boat might be about right for a scale flat top! :-D
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

iggie wrote:
Blueberryruby wrote: Better yet, stick an outboard on it and sail it up the canal!
I've already looked at that option but the nearest one is quite a distance away......I'd thought perhaps a 34' narrow boat might be about right for a scale flat top! :-D
that would certainly be a different Narrow boat decoration than the usual - A full 1/72 scale flight deck and airwing mounted on the cabin roof.

Would Mrs Iggie go for that do you think?

Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Dazzled wrote:
Sir T wrote:Just digging through my stash today - I have a few kits that would fit this already - An Super Etendard, Mig-23 and F/A-18A for starters - and a Tornado GR.1.
I think a Tonka for the UK will be a must 8-)
Right-e-o!

iggie

Post by iggie »

Sir T wrote:
iggie wrote:
that would certainly be a different Narrow boat decoration than the usual - A full 1/72 scale flight deck and airwing mounted on the cabin roof.

Not much I suspect! Not the trip to somewhere near Telford, as we will do the Shroppie canal at some point, but the lack of space for flowers on the roof will not go down too well!
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

iggie wrote:
Sir T wrote:
iggie wrote:

Not much I suspect! Not the trip to somewhere near Telford, as we will do the Shroppie canal at some point, but the lack of space for flowers on the roof will not go down too well!
:-D :-D :-D

Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Gents,

What's the standard size display table you normally get at an event?

Falcon
F-16 Fan

Post by Falcon »

Sir T wrote:Gents,

Usually 12' x 2'.
Chris.

Cold War S.I.G Deputy Leader
chrism

Post by chrism »

Sir T wrote:Gents,

At Telford, most clubs opt for what is known as "12 foot double depth of frontage". That in laymans simple terms means that you get in total 4 tables each measuring 6ft x 2ft. ie an area of 12ft x 4ft to play with... however at the central point where those 4 tables meet there is always an annoying couple of mm where they are adrift of each other. Not a huge issue once cloths are down, just something you need to be mindful of on the day or beforehand when practice laying out in someone garage with anything large that straddles over the crack!

If your club or sig have something really special in mind, that you can write and justify it for, you can ask and try to get extra tables but you need to make sure that you have the models etc to fill it, and do use the space properly or you are not looked on favourably again. However, if you do ask for more you need to also be prepared to supply more people to help at different times... (the IPMS always ask clubs to supply a person or two to help at different times for an hour throughout the weekend in different tasks)

Then conversely, if you are only a small sig and don't want a lot of space but just want a small presence you can just ask for one table double depth. (and you get 6ft x 4ft to play with)
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

At Telford it is, indeed, 12' x4'.

I've designed something around it. http://uamf.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=204&t=12835
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!

Return to “Cold War @ SMW”