A Theme For '16

Moderators: Falcon, Dazzled

Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

A Theme For '16

Post by Dazzled »

Regardless of what happens with this years Scale Model World, I was thinking that now might be a good time to start exploring potential themes for next year.

This might help prompt some suggestions....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_ ... e_Cold_War

Of interest, IMO at least, is that next year marks the 25th anniversary of the end of the Cold War.

Any ideas to mull over?
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
IronMan129

Re: A Theme For '16

Post by IronMan129 »

Good idea Daz, the sooner the better.
I thought we had enough time when I started making suggestions but clearly not.
I'm gonna be making a Telford 2016 thread so we can have all the suggestions in one place.
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Maverick231 wrote:Good idea Daz, the sooner the better.
I thought we had enough time when I started making suggestions but clearly not.
I'm gonna be making a Telford 2016 thread so we can have all the suggestions in one place.
You can use this thread mate. That was the general intention. I can change the title if you want. :)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

Nahh I'm good with that Daz :).
IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

So regarding the Timeline display what do people think is the best way to go about it?
We could have info printed as posters along the timeline about certain events which occurred and things.

With the display in general I think we should put more info up as I've not had the time to do this yet.
I know when James has the CBK SIG he always had the details of each model printed on cards and I think we should go along the same sort of route.

If anyone has any ideas at all please feel free to post.
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

I think the poster idea is a good way to go with this, at least initially. It'll certainly be a lot easier to produce than a long sheet and will be more flexible when it comes to different sized tables. I like the info card idea too. It'll give the punters a bit of up front info. :)

As for 2016 ideas I'd like to put forward a couple. First, as I said at the start of the thread, next year marks 25 years since the end of the Cold War so we could do a theme build around that. Perhaps equipment in service at the time or maybe beginning to end pairings much like the East German Migs I built for the Iron Curtain GB.

Another idea is MAD. The threat of Mutually Assured Destruction was at the centre of the Cold War and this could cover a number of subjects eg, nuclear bombers, missiles, subs, cannon. Anything that was nuclear capable.

Any thoughts.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Blueberryruby
Active Participant

Post by Blueberryruby »

Hi all,

I've just joined the SIG! Woop woop!

I like the idea of equipment in use at the end of the Cold War, perhaps with an emphasis on air-forces that no longer exist.
My Workbench Window is the Blueberry-Bench
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

A neat idea BR and one we could extend beyond aircraft.

And welcome to the SIG :)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

I'm working on an idea around the 25 year anniversary. Not sure if it'll be feasible yet so watch this space 8-)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

TomW

Post by TomW »

Watching, waiting and having my house extended to accommodate a monster Tupolev ;-)

Regards

Tom
Veni, Venari, Vamoosi

Coastal Command SIG Leader 2012 - 2016

We'll call him Dinghy Watts...... - Paul Bradley

2016 A:B = 29:11
2015 A:B = 38:14
2014 A:B = 25:9
2013 A:B = 20:17
2012 A:B = I didn't keep score
2011 A:B = 39:11
2010 A:B = 51:10
Blueberryruby
Active Participant

Post by Blueberryruby »

TomW wrote:Watching, waiting and having my house extended to accommodate a monster Tupolev ;-)

Regards

Tom
I got "big stick envy" after seeing yours so went and snapped up the Revel B-52 that was in the kit swap for £30. I've been holding off building my Vulcan as i wasn't sure where to put it so have absolutely no idea where the BUFF is going to go!
My Workbench Window is the Blueberry-Bench
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Blueberryruby wrote:
TomW wrote:Watching, waiting and having my house extended to accommodate a monster Tupolev ;-)

Regards

Tom
I got "big stick envy" after seeing yours so went and snapped up the Revel B-52 that was in the kit swap for £30. I've been holding off building my Vulcan as i wasn't sure where to put it so have absolutely no idea where the BUFF is going to go!

Tall tail or short tail BR? Think 1991 ;-)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

TomW

Post by TomW »

I have a 1/72 AMT/Ertl B-52H as well but it needs a replacement canopy :evil: How many strategic monsters would we like?

Regards

Tom
Veni, Venari, Vamoosi

Kitaholic

Post by Kitaholic »

Hopefully will have my Tu-22M-3 that I'm doing for the Swingers GB, plus I want to get my Topol done. BTW never spotted you on Sunday Daz, CC table was empty behind
Regards

Gord

Desperately trying to find his MOJO, don't know where I left it
TomW

Post by TomW »

Kitaholic wrote:Hopefully will have my Tu-22M-3 that I'm doing for the Swingers GB, plus I want to get my Topol done. BTW never spotted you on Sunday Daz, CC table was empty behind

Ooops :oops: that probably meant we were all in the SIG and Branch leaders meeting, was it between 1 and 2pm?

Regards

Tom
Veni, Venari, Vamoosi