A Slight Tweak to the 2017 Theme

Moderators: Falcon, Dazzled

Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

A Slight Tweak to the 2017 Theme

Post by Dazzled »

Hi Guys

Following on from discussions with some of you I've decided to push the end date for the SMW 2017 theme out to 1962 to incorporate the Cuban Missile Crisis. This will give us a full 15 year span to pick our subjects from and will more conveniently allow follow-on themes for subsequent SMWs.

I hope this is OK with all of you and, as always, would appreciate comments and feedback.

Darryl
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Re: A Slight Tweak to the 2017 Theme

Post by Stuart »

That's fine by me Darryl.

What was the reason's behind extending it - Did you have a specific build in mind?
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
chrism

Post by chrism »

fine with me ... . what other items might I be able to offer to build or pick up on to fill space...

happy if necessary to wait and make purchases at Farnborough, if we can find anything, as by then I shall be back in modelling mode and hopefully will have time to fit in a small quick something or other to suit OOB

Alternatively - advise on a few options and if I can find on amazon at fair prices ..
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

Would that mean the TB-58B Hustler may make her show debut?
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

The change was suggested by Craig a while ago and it does seem to make sense to extend out by a couple of years. I don't have a specific build in mind personally although I am looking out for a reasonably priced Lockheed U2 to build Gary Powers' aircraft. As for your Hustler Mav, if it falls within the time frame it's good to go and if anybody wants to build something relating to the Cuban missile crisis, e.g. a ship or missile, please go ahead.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

Dazzled wrote:The change was suggested by Craig a while ago and it does seem to make sense to extend out by a couple of years. I don't have a specific build in mind personally although I am looking out for a reasonably priced Lockheed U2 to build Gary Powers' aircraft. As for your Hustler Mav, if it falls within the time frame it's good to go and if anybody wants to build something relating to the Cuban missile crisis, e.g. a ship or missile, please go ahead.
Suggestions? Didn't the Cuban's shoot down a U-2?
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Yes Rudolf Anderson was the only combat death during the missile crisis when his U2F was shot down by a SAM.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Return to “Cold War @ SMW”