Telford Show 2013.

Moderators: Falcon, Dazzled

Gregers
Forum founder

Telford Show 2013.

Post by Gregers »

Hi folks. I am proposing a theme for the Telford display next year. I am thinking cold war 'BIG STICKS' the big bombers that would have delt hell, death and destruction should the unthinkable ever have happened. With this in mind (and the fact I wanted them anyway) I have bought the Trumpeter TU95 and Monogram's B36 Peacemaker. Both 1/.72 scale.
Thoughts please folks and has anyone got any other ideas they would like to share?

All the best.

Greg.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
bluesteel
Parties like it's 1977

Re: telford 2013.

Post by bluesteel »

A Vulcan Scramble Diorama would look good along the lines of that theme too.

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BgE7iYPAVg
Bluesteel

You can never have too many Meteors/Chipmunks/Gazelles/Jet Provosts/EE Lightnings/Hunters/Harriers/Tiger Moths!

------------------------------------------------------
TomW
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by TomW »

V- Bomber trio, B52, B1, XB-70, Tu-160, Tu-22 and 22M

Just my tuppence worth :grin:

Regards

Tom
Veni, Venari, Vamoosi

Coastal Command SIG Leader 2012 - 2016

We'll call him Dinghy Watts...... - Paul Bradley

2016 A:B = 29:11
2015 A:B = 38:14
2014 A:B = 25:9
2013 A:B = 20:17
2012 A:B = I didn't keep score
2011 A:B = 39:11
2010 A:B = 51:10
mattbacon
Too Cheerful To Be A JMN

Post by mattbacon »

...how many feet of table have you got...?

;-P

B-58 and F-111 of course, as well...

bestest,
M.
bluesteel
Parties like it's 1977

Post by bluesteel »

B-47 too
Bluesteel

You can never have too many Meteors/Chipmunks/Gazelles/Jet Provosts/EE Lightnings/Hunters/Harriers/Tiger Moths!

Falcon
F-16 Fan

Post by Falcon »

I may only be there on the Saturday next year as my holidays are already allocated (3 weeks in the sun).
Chris.

Cold War S.I.G Deputy Leader
Ian
Blitzbau hero

Post by Ian »

Whilst I am not a member of the SIG, I have a Revell B-52 that I can finish off and donate to the cause.
I'm a mostly full-time modeller put a part-time poster....
bluesteel
Parties like it's 1977

Post by bluesteel »

I also have an RAF Tornado to build that flew from Norfolk in the 50's on covert missions over the Soviet Union to spy out targets for the 52's and V-Force, all very hush-hush at the time.
Bluesteel

beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

Gregers wrote:I am thinking cold war 'BIG STICKS' the big bombers that would have delt hell, death and destruction should the unthinkable ever have happened. With this in mind (and the fact I wanted them anyway) I have bought the Trumpeter TU95 and Monogram's B36 Peacemaker. Both 1/.72 scale.
I've got a couple of 1/72 B-52s on the go, one of them being done wheels up - so I am thinking a B-52 flying over a distant mushroom cloud - made from my old favourite - expanding foam, in a similar way to how I did the smoke blast for the Saturn V lift-off diorama for the CBK display. I could rig a frame up for it easily enough. Or, even better, one large mushroom cloud, and several aircraft - V-Bombers, Ruskies, Yanks etc. flying away from it in a kind of "who dunnit?!" scenario. Just food for thought.

Cheers
Al.

P.S. Would probably use an upright standing backboard suitably painted to mount the flying B-52 in a similar fashion to the way I mounted the 1/24 Stuka at Telford - with a metal bar fed into the wing to support the weight of the plane - in fact we could mount four or five bombers in this way all leaving the scene so to speak, one board mounted to the left of the cloud, one to the right - that's 10 bombers maybe and two or three in front mounted on poles at different heights.
Again it's just a suggestion - it would look bloody dynamic though wouldn't it, better than just several big planes standing on a table, no?!!
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

beany wrote:Would probably use an upright standing backboard suitably painted to mount the flying B-52 in a similar fashion to the way I mounted the 1/24 Stuka at Telford - with a metal bar fed into the wing to support the weight of the plane - in fact we could mount four or five bombers in this way all leaving the scene so to speak, one board mounted to the left of the cloud, one to the right - that's 10 bombers maybe and two or three in front mounted on poles at different heights.
Again it's just a suggestion - it would look bloody dynamic though wouldn't it, better than just several big planes standing on a table, no?!!
Back in the day, Monogram issued one of their B-52 kits with "Jet Engine Sound!"....... :shock:

http://www.oldmodelkits.com/index.php?detail=11995;
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

beany wrote:ld probably use an upright standing backboard suitably painted to mount the flying B-52 in a similar fashion to the way I mounted the 1/24 Stuka at Telford - with a metal bar fed into the wing to support the weight of the plane - in fact we could mount four or five bombers in this way all leaving the scene so to speak, one board mounted to the left of the cloud, one to the right - that's 10 bombers maybe and two or three in front mounted on poles at different heights.
That is interesting and would certainly look dynamic. Might be an idea to use aircraft of different scales, say 1/72 and 1/144 to give a distance and height perspective. 1/72 B52's and B36's?!? I don't know where you boys find the room to store them :grin:
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

Hi Guys.

That mushroom cloud idea I have already looked at. I was thinking a large artists canvas with the sky, clouds etc on and the mushroom cloud standing out from it and possibly lit if that is feasable. The 'culprits scarpering' idea sounds cool. The B45 Tornado isn't one I have so that would fill an important gap. I have the B52 but unbuilt so yes please for that one. I have a 1/72 TU95 Bear and Monogram's B36 Peacemaker that arrived through the post today that I will build for this one, both wheels down. I also have a TU22 Backfire to build too. This one should be good. I need to build a section of 'Berlin wall' as a divider for the table too. I saw a picture of the wall with a slogan painted on that I thought was amusing, it said ''Hop over the wall and join the party'' Well it tickled my funny buds.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
Albert Einstein
TomW

Post by TomW »

Im sure I could be convinced to build a B-58 if it would be desirable.

Regards

Tom
Veni, Venari, Vamoosi

Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

That's one that would be needed for the display. I built the Italeri 1/.72 one quite a few years ago and it's a great kit Great if you can Tom, Cheers.

All the best.

Greg
Albert Einstein
TomW

Post by TomW »

I'd be happy to Greg, I've got a B-50 superfortress in the stash if you'd like that one built too.

Regards

Tom
Veni, Venari, Vamoosi