Marky's Lusty Lady! ***Off to sea***

Ships of the Royal Navy from Henry VIII (1510) to 2016, including the "Sister Navies" RAN, RCN, RNZN, etc. Any kit, any scale.
GB runs 4 June - 17 July, and your host is Paul Bradley.
MarkyM607
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Marky's Lusty Lady! ***Off to sea***

Post by MarkyM607 »

Here is my entry, whether it exits is another matter. Never mind.. Onwards>>>>>

I was going to photograph each sprue but then I couldn't be bothered, sorry!. :oops:
As it turns out I have about four sprues for aircraft, each with two Harrier GR.7/9's, two Sea Harrier FA.2's, two Merlins and two Sea Kings. Not sure she would have carried this many so some bits may have to wait... what for I don't know, maybe another Lusty kit done as Ark Royal or Invincible!! :shock: :lol:
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Re: Marky's Lusty Lady!

Post by PaulBradley »

I don't blame you for not doing sprue shots - I don't think the forum has that much bandwidth anyways..... :lol:
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

PaulBradley wrote:I don't blame you for not doing sprue shots - I don't think the forum has that much bandwidth anyways..... :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Chuck Finley

Post by Chuck Finley »

If you don't mind using enamel paints, Sovereign Colourcoats has M01 - RN Light Weatherwork Grey (BS 381C 676), M02 - RN Dark Deck Gray, and M16 - Royal Navy Dark Admiralty Grey (BS381C 632). They are spot on for modern Royal Navy Subjects and I cannot give enough praise for this line of paints. I use them for all of my naval builds.
On second thoughts, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place!
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Chuck Finley wrote:If you don't mind using enamel paints, Sovereign Colourcoats has M01 - RN Light Weatherwork Grey (BS 381C 676), M02 - RN Dark Deck Gray, and M16 - Royal Navy Dark Admiralty Grey (BS381C 632). They are spot on for modern Royal Navy Subjects and I cannot give enough praise for this line of paints. I use them for all of my naval builds.
Thanks for that, enamels are all I use really, mainly Humbrol. I might well look into these ones. :grin:
Chuck Finley

Post by Chuck Finley »

MarkyM607 wrote:
Chuck Finley wrote:If you don't mind using enamel paints, Sovereign Colourcoats has M01 - RN Light Weatherwork Grey (BS 381C 676), M02 - RN Dark Deck Gray, and M16 - Royal Navy Dark Admiralty Grey (BS381C 632). They are spot on for modern Royal Navy Subjects and I cannot give enough praise for this line of paints. I use them for all of my naval builds.
Thanks for that, enamels are all I use really, mainly Humbrol. I might well look into these ones. :grin:
You will not be disappointed and more importantly, with you being in the UK, you can actually order direct from the manufacturer. :)

I, on the other hand, have to wait until it's in stock with a US distributor. :(
On second thoughts, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place!
iggie

Post by iggie »

Entirely blitzable I would think.......

What will you build after this one? :ha:

:-D :-D
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

iggie wrote:Entirely blitzable I would think.......

Well, I've got the Airfix HMS Belfast, and I've just bought the Revell HMS Kelly so..... :grin:
iggie

Post by iggie »

MarkyM607 wrote:

Well, I've got the Airfix HMS Belfast, and I've just bought the Revell HMS Kelly so..... :grin:
There you go then, sorted at least for the first week and I'm sure you can ebay some more to keep you busy for the other five weeks...... :grin: :grin:
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

iggie wrote:
MarkyM607 wrote:

There you go then, sorted at least for the first week and I'm sure you can ebay some more to keep you busy for the other five weeks...... :grin: :grin:
I thought I'd just sit around and watch the rest of you catch up! :ha: :ha:
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

FINISHED!!

Only joking :ha: , that's my Revell 1/700 HMS Invincible. Anyway, the Illustrious is a surprisingly easy kit to build (so far!!). This took about an hour in total....

Some of the side 'wall sections' need a tiny minute amount of sanding to get their tabs to go into the slots but it really is a minute amount. Others slot in with no effort. All goes well although part 59C needed sanding along it's sides to get a fit that wasn't squeaky!. There are three main sprues, each measuring 2ft 1 1/4 in by 1ft, and then one small sprue which is about ten inches by twelve. Of course it does have all of the tiny pieces on it!. The main sprues are easy to empty, Sprue A had six parts on it!, true two were the flight deck and the hangar deck but still...

These being among the smallest...

chrism

Post by chrism »

You look like your going for one open and one totally shut hatch in the deck
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Quick start!
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

chrism wrote:You look like your going for one open and one totally shut hatch in the deck
Exactly!. Always liked to do that, with two lifts I like one up one down (is that a type of house? :lol: ), or three or more it's usually split one and two or two and two.
PaulBradley wrote:Quick start!
Once I got started I was away!. It's really easy to do, at least at the start!. :grin:

P.S. As I have more sprue's of aircraft than Lusty would probably have carried, I thought of doing a Harrier gathering using the GR.7/9's on the sprue. I was going to paint/convert some so that I could have Harriers from as many users around the world as possible. Maybe even do the Indian Navy's Shar 1's using the FA.2 Harriers on the sprue. Might have to do this after the GB though! :lol: :lol:

BTW, I started this a few days before this GB, as it has been sitting around waiting to be built for a while. Construction was REALLY quick and only took two days!!!. Of course painting is taking over four days so far!!....
HMS Warspite 1915, Trumpeter kit.

I only managed to lose ONE tiny part although I dropped three or four, Mr Torch and I found all but one.
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

MarkyM607 wrote:

Only joking :ha: , that's my Revell 1/700 HMS Invincible.
Have Revell re-boxed the Dragon kit as the stand looks very much like the one I have on my un-started Dragon kit?
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.

Return to “In the Navy - Royal Navy Ships”