Greg's NASA build

A Whiffery GB for any type of model. Simple decal changes, mild surgery or major. But all must have a story to back it up, no matter how silly or unbelievable.
The GB runs from 15 Sep through 16 Oct, and your host is FredK.
Gregers
Forum founder

Greg's NASA build

Post by Gregers »

This is a project I've been wanting to do for some time now and this is just the excuse I need.
Kit. Airfix Jetstream C10a (M&E radar nose conversion - IF I can find it in time)

In the late 60's the USAF acquired a small batch of Handley Page Jetstreams and designated them the C10a. These were used for communications, transport and casevac aircraft. One was assigned to NASA for experimental work a few tears later for investigating wind shear on light commercial types and the effects of wake turbulence from larger commercial types. After this work was completed it was deemed uneconomical to return the aircraft back to stock condition so it became a permanent part of the NASA fleet. NASA kept the installed computers and sensors installed for possible future use but also equipped it with pylons for dropping a number of packages such as floating markers that emit information such as wind speeds, air pressure and a number of other parameters. It also has extra fuel tankage to extend it's range and time on station. When not used for these duties it is used as a 'hack' for general transport duties.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
Gregers
Forum founder

Re: Greg's NASA build

Post by Gregers »

OK folks. Here's the promised sprue shot.

I'm going into the loft tomorrow to look for the M&E set with the radar nose. If I can't find it it'll have the original nose.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
celt
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by celt »

Very nice,look forward to your progress.
fredk
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by fredk »

Have you had a chance to start this yet?
We've only a week left
Al speling misteaks aer all mi own werk..
Its not just how good your painting is, its how good the touch-ups are too.

Return to “Any Type Kit Whiffery”