Sign-up and Chat

60th Anniversary of the Suez Crisis. Air, ground, sea; any scale, etc.
GB runs 5th November to 4th December and your host is iggie.
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Re: Sign-up and Chat

Post by Stuart »

dwomby wrote:See the decals mentioned in this Britmodeller posting too

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/inde ... va-coming/

David
Thanks - there is now an Azur kit winging it's way to this GB!
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by iggie »

Sourcing Musketeer decals seems to be a problem all round; perhaps suppliers missed a trick with it being the 60th anniversary this year........
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
bluesteel
Parties like it's 1977

Post by bluesteel »

iggie wrote:Sourcing Musketeer decals seems to be a problem all round; perhaps suppliers missed a trick with it being the 60th anniversary this year........
Yes, DP Casper should have re-issued it's Musketeer and Kadesh set:

Bluesteel

You can never have too many Meteors/Chipmunks/Gazelles/Jet Provosts/EE Lightnings/Hunters/Harriers/Tiger Moths!

------------------------------------------------------
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

bluesteel wrote:
iggie wrote:Sourcing Musketeer decals seems to be a problem all round; perhaps suppliers missed a trick with it being the 60th anniversary this year........
Yes, DP Casper should have re-issued it's Musketeer and Kadesh set:

Yes that would have been really useful.

lancfan
Avro's Rivet Rhapsodizer

Post by lancfan »

Wouldn't mind a set of those decals myself.

David.
David.

If you forget the past, you may lose the future.
DavidWomby

Post by DavidWomby »

Ditto

David
iggie

Post by iggie »

How is everyone doing? We have had a few completions to date (and mighty good ones at that!) and the planned close date for this GB is tomorrow! :shock:

I'm unlikely to be a finisher, which is rather embarrassing as GB Leader, but (in my defence yer 'onour) I've been inundated with work, the boiler went phut 10 days ago, we lost one of the two house ring-mains today for no obvious reason, but of course (you guessed it folks) it has to be the one that supplies my office, and the (now repaired) boiler....and last but not least, although I had planned to be away on business for the early part of last week, I ended up having to fly out to Italy for a funeral :cry: .
The boiler is now jury-rigged to run off an extension lead from the working part of the house, ditto my office equipment but I'm going to be spending all my time catching up with drawings for the foreseeable future.... :roll:

Anyone need a little more time to finish?
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

iggie wrote:How is everyone doing? We have had a few completions to date (and mighty good ones at that!) and the planned close date for this GB is tomorrow! :shock:

I'm unlikely to be a finisher, which is rather embarrassing as GB Leader, but (in my defence yer 'onour) I've been inundated with work, the boiler went phut 10 days ago, we lost one of the two house ring-mains today for no obvious reason, but of course (you guessed it folks) it has to be the one that supplies my office, and the (now repaired) boiler....and last but not least, although I had planned to be away on business for the early part of last week, I ended up having to fly out to Italy for a funeral :cry: .
The boiler is now jury-rigged to run off an extension lead from the working part of the house, ditto my office equipment but I'm going to be spending all my time catching up with drawings for the foreseeable future.... :roll:

Anyone need a little more time to finish?
Any old excuse!! :ha: :ha: Seriously, I don't have a lot on in life and I'm struggling here. The Meteor NF is agonisingly close but the Lanc is still unpainted!!. I still have tomorrow right!?. Will give it a go and inform tomorrow. Been distracted with building the Matchbox Siskin (lovely little kit), and the Eric Brown GB, the Ta152 which is done by the way!!. :roll:
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Hi Iggie - I have a house that's upside down and inside out (just had the builders in) so I doubt I'll get the Corsair finished - Sorry. I've enjoyed the GB though - some really good completions.

iggie

Post by iggie »

Sir T wrote:Hi Iggie - I have a house that's upside down and inside out (just had the builders in) so I doubt I'll get the Corsair finished - Sorry. I've enjoyed the GB though - some really good completions.
No worries Stuart; it seems that real life issues and 'bleeding' stripes have been a consistent theme in this GB, as well as the more obvious Suez theme :grin:

From what my Dad said of his experiences in Suez, and reading about the political aspects of the operation, we seem to have (so far at least) mirrored the real thing; some great work in parts, a lot of effort on all sides but overall not the best of outcomes :-D
Best wishes

Jim
DavidWomby

Post by DavidWomby »

I've enjoyed this one. I've wanted to do that particular Hunter for ages and this gave me the impetus to do it. I also enjoy seeing the variety of other models chosen - finished or not.

Thanks for doing the GB bit, Iggie.

David
iggie

Post by iggie »

Well, I think it's time we draw a veil over this GB and let it gracefully sink into the backwaters that are the GB archives. Real life and bleeding stripes seem to have been major factors in a few (including me :evil: ) being defeated, but to balance the books there have also been some great completions in good looking schemes.

Thank you to all who took part, it's been good to see the variety of types attempted and I look forward to seeing the later finishes in Aviation in good time. I'm off to throw some more yellow on to my attempt, in an effort to cover the black bleeds on my stripes; only when(if :roll: ) that is successful will I consider finishing it!

If anyone needs to post up glamour shots into the completed builds thread, please do so in the next day or so, I'll be asking John to wrap this up by the end of the week

TTFN Folks! :-D
Best wishes

Jim
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Thanks Iggie, enjoyed this one, yellow and black stripes are more appealing than I thought!. Might have to do some more!!.
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
MDT

Post by MDT »

Another DNF for me but I still thought this was a great GB.As well as the interesting research I'm still doing into Shackletons, (I feel a bit of an expert on them now!) I was facinated re-reading the events and details of the conflict that is so overlooked. Thanks again for a great GB idea...and well done those who finished!

Return to “Operation Musketeer 60th Anniversary”