"Hands Off" - the R-4B Hoverfly

Celebrating the man who flew 487 different aircraft, more than any other pilot, and who could be the greatest pilot of all time. We cannot duplicate his feat but each modeler will build a unique aircraft replicating one flown by Captain Brown.
The GB runs 19 November to 18 December and your host is FredK.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Re: "Hands Off" - the R-4B Hoverfly

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Here's my DNF state-of-play ....

Winkle needs rank on his sleeve and some touch-up.
Cockpit needs seatbelts, two sticks, and the collective.
Glass needs to be mounted - the front will fit on nicely, but I am unsure of the top. I haven't really touched the doors, but they just tack on in the open position.

Rotors are done.
Gear needs to be done, that'll be the next step after the cockpit glass is put on.
Then I can adjust the height of the stand.
Then paint and decals.

I'll finish this in Aviation, or maybe just off line, and show the final there.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by iggie »

A valiant effort in spite of the DNF John and the completion will be eagerly awaited!
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
DavidWomby
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by DavidWomby »

Never mind, John. It has made great progress and is much improved over how it came out of the box. I look forward to seeing it completed at leisure.

David

PS Merry Christmas. We're closer to your neck of the woods as we are spending the week on Hilton Head. Lots of piles of cut up trees all along the roadsides courtesy of Matthew. Quite a sombre reminder of the power of a hurricane!
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Yes, our holiday (the model building preventer) went down to Savannah -- Port Canaveral -- Charleston. Saw lots of trees along 95, heard lots of tales of damage and recovery. Our own area is still not back. A lot of debris issues are FEMA contracts, low-bidder from the mid-west who has no clue what they are getting in to. We had that problem in Isabel back in 2003, our county had it with Matthew, but our Town went it alone -- our funds, our public work, etc -- and are clean, but of course there are still homes and businesses to be repaired -- all from a storm that, according to the Weather Channel "Oh, look the model show it veering off into the Atlantic, it's not a threat and has been downgraded to post-tropical". Flame off.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.

Return to “Eric 'Winkle' Brown Memorial GB”