Lancfan's A6M5 Build- DNF.

A Single-Type GB of the A6M Zero in any scale, variant, configuration, etc, as well as a few closely related aircraft of the family.
The GB runs 28 Jan through 28 Feb and your host is Gadfly.
lancfan
Avro's Rivet Rhapsodizer

Lancfan's A6M5 Build- DNF.

Post by lancfan »

This thread will see the 1/72 scale Academy A6M5c Zero built.

David.
David.

If you forget the past, you may lose the future.
lancfan
Avro's Rivet Rhapsodizer

Re: Lancfan's A6M5 Build.

Post by lancfan »

The obligatory box and sprue shots-
[imghttps://photos.smugmug.com/Unofficial-airfix-modellers-forum-images/i-fN3wLRv/0/29e83101/M/akutan%20zero%2002-M.jpg[/img]

This kit came with a three part canopy which would have been ideal for my trainer conversion in this GB, on a whim I checked the Airfix canopy for fit on this fuselage and it was a perfect fit and so this model will be built with the Airfix canopy and the Trainer conversion will use the Academy canopy parts.

David.
David.

lancfan
Avro's Rivet Rhapsodizer

Re: Lancfan's A6M5 Build.

Post by lancfan »

This is the kit cockpit assembled and painted, it does look quite nice but the detail is wrong when compared to pictures of the full-size, however when the canopy is in place this will not be too obvious.

The fuselage was then glued together, the kit does not include the prominent gun breeches over the IP so these were made from Evergreen strip.

The wing was then assembled and later glued to the fuselage.

This may be as far as I get on this before the GB ends as I do have other builds to complete but I do have three completed Zero builds so this would not be a complete fail.

David.
David.

Return to “A6M 'Zero' Fighter”