Sign-up and Chat

Enough said -- a GB celebrating Matchbox kits, to include "pure" re-pops. Join the fun!!
The GB runs 1st February to 4th March and your host is FredK.
rob_van_riel
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Sign-up and Chat

Post by rob_van_riel »

fredk wrote:It looks to me a few could do with some extra time.
How does shifting the end time to end of Monday 6th sound?
An extra 48 hours.
No time to waste
Barring accidents, that would turn four DNFs into completions on my end. Even an extension of only 24 hours would do so for three out of those four. Guess that means I'm in favour :-D
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

I'm working right now (well actually I'm on here!!), to get the Halifax finished today. It might come off but even one more day would take the pressure off. Will see how today goes. :grin:
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
TeeELL

Post by TeeELL »

It seems that my 2 week vacation plus the pre-holiday decals disaster has put me well and truly behind schedule. It doesn't help that my weekends are not available for modelling. My Meteor NF11 needs a few more decals to be applied, final coat of matt varnish, undercarriage and doors affixed and aerialsnd pitot tube added. I cannot see any way of completing before Wednesday (I have other 'grown-up' stuff to do as well :-( ).
Tony

The older I get the better I was!
Current build:
Airfix 1:72 Javelin FAW9
Particular modelling interests:
Cuban Airforce aircraft, 29(F) Sqn aircraft, Aircraft I’ve flown
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Thank you, I am sure I will need it if I am to maintain my deliberate, don't screw it up, pace given the kit's objections to some of my plans :)
I'd rather finish by Sunday, but I suspect I might be still applying/drying final finish coats on Monday.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
TeeELL

Post by TeeELL »

Notes to self:
1. Do not bite off more than you can chew!!

2. Do not go on vacation for half a GB.

3. Do not join a GB if going on vacation during the build time.

4. Do not assume components in the kit will behave.

Apart from that .........

I guess, although it looks as though I shall fail to complete in time, at least I shall have another 29(F) Sqn aircraft to add to my collection.
Tony

The older I get the better I was!
Current build:
Airfix 1:72 Javelin FAW9
Particular modelling interests:
Cuban Airforce aircraft, 29(F) Sqn aircraft, Aircraft I’ve flown
Crashpilot
...happily fooling around with styrene

Post by Crashpilot »

Hi Fred,
Since "the man" gave me three extra shifts for this week to do, I got a little behind schedule.
But Monday, the 6th, would give me enough time to finish her nicely, not in a sloppy way.
Specially the canopy would suffer, if I´d finish her today.
Very nice, that we get the opportunity for some extra time, by the way! ;-)
Waiting for the day, when wars for territory will be something to be read about in history books only.

Playing Tetris taught me: If I clean up too much, my kits disappear.....8-(

Markus, alias Crashpilot, or Crash, or CP, as you wish
fredk

Post by fredk »

TeeELL wrote:It seems that my 2 week vacation plus the pre-holiday decals disaster has put me well and truly behind schedule. It doesn't help that my weekends are not available for modelling. My Meteor NF11 needs a few more decals to be applied, final coat of matt varnish, undercarriage and doors affixed and aerialsnd pitot tube added. I cannot see any way of completing before Wednesday (I have other 'grown-up' stuff to do as well :-( ).
mmm, don't tell anyone....but even though we say end of Monday, it'll take a few more days past that till the GB is wrapped up and locked down. One or two finishes might just scrape in under the wire before then, ;-)
Al speling misteaks aer all mi own werk..
Its not just how good your painting is, its how good the touch-ups are too.
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

Sorry Fred, but with the best will in the world I can't see me getting much bench time to progress, let alone finish, my builds. Two draining bouts of ill health, working away from home, and then moving my daughter into her new home (ongoing) pretty much put paid to February unfortunately. The GB was a roaring success though, so thank you very much for the time and effort you put in to running it, and a shout out to JRatz for contributing many of the kits being built, not least the two aircraft I started. I will continue with my builds for that reason and move them to the Workbench thread (but don't hold your breath for an end date :roll: :oops: ).
Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

I couldn't get the Halifax done yesterday, too much painting and therefore sticky parts of the model to avoid touching!!. I have been out most of today at the Peterborough Model Show so no work today. Might get some done tomorrow..... ;-)
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

More than happy with an extension! I'll do my best to drag a completion out of the bag.

Regards

Martin
Martin R

"the 'R' stands for 'Representative'."
NON VI SED ARTE
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by NON VI SED ARTE »

Sitting on my workbench again, after 3 days away.

Regards

Amir
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

MarkyM607 wrote:I couldn't get the Halifax done yesterday, too much painting and therefore sticky parts of the model to avoid touching!!. I have been out most of today at the Peterborough Model Show so no work today. Might get some done tomorrow..... ;-)
I'm afraid it's a no go for finishing the Halifax, paint just taking ages to dry. Mum suggested the old hair dryer idea which was a good one, but there was still too much to do and trying to paint with other areas drying was causing messy bits to appear. Close but will have to finish outside of the GB.
Crashpilot
...happily fooling around with styrene

Post by Crashpilot »

Hi Fred,
Now some questions of one not so familiar with the forum yet:
-How do I put "Finished" in the title of my build thread? Dunno how to change the title, when I click on it, the thread opens, of course, but?...
- what means "DNF": damn, not finished? maybe?
It was a big fun to participate in this GB!
I hope next time, I can convince some people from my club, to join in, too, but most hesitate to write on an English speaking forum...
Me not worry to write in Englisch, coz me Inglisch is perfeckt, Annie waey!
Kind regardz,
Crash
Waiting for the day, when wars for territory will be something to be read about in history books only.

Playing Tetris taught me: If I clean up too much, my kits disappear.....8-(

Markus, alias Crashpilot, or Crash, or CP, as you wish
rob_van_riel

Post by rob_van_riel »

Crashpilot wrote:Hi Fred,
Not Fred, but I don't think he'll mind me answering :-D
-How do I put "Finished" in the title of my build thread? Dunno how to change the title, when I click on it, the thread opens, of course, but?...
Go back to the first post in the thread, click edit, change the title, click submit.
- what means "DNF": damn, not finished? maybe?
Did Not Finish. Borrowed from, or at least also used in, some sports events.
I hope next time, I can convince some people from my club, to join in, too, but most hesitate to write on an English speaking forum...
There are quite a few people here for whom English is rather clearly a foreign language. It may take a bit of effort at times to read their posts, but (speaking for myself) that's part of the charm of international fora. Bring them over, we won't bite, and we'll appreciate their contributions.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

rob_van_riel wrote:
Crashpilot wrote:- what means "DNF": damn, not finished? maybe?
Did Not Finish. Borrowed from, or at least also used in, some sports events.
Actually, your guess probably expresses the thought pretty well :)
rob_van_riel wrote:
Crashpilot wrote: I hope next time, I can convince some people from my club, to join in, too, but most hesitate to write on an English speaking forum...
There are quite a few people here for whom English is rather clearly a foreign language. It may take a bit of effort at times to read their posts, but (speaking for myself) that's part of the charm of international fora. Bring them over, we won't bite, and we'll appreciate their contributions.
Rob is right. Although primarily an English-writing forum, this is a friendly forum and modeling is the common bond. Members have always shown the ability and willingness to work around language differences.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.

Return to “Classic Matchbox Kits”