Trumpeter Seahawk 1/48th

Aircraft that flew between 1 Jan 1950 and 31 Dec 1959, military or civilian, in markings of that period - any kit/scale otherwise. Helicopters allowed as "aircraft".
GB runs 25 Feb through 2 Apr and your host is Chuck Finley.
timet10
Series 3 and Beyond

Trumpeter Seahawk 1/48th

Post by timet10 »

Hi all
Thought I'd jump in on this build with the Trumpeter 1/48th scale Seahawk

Box shot

Sprue shot

I am going to build this straight from the box but I am going to research the colours as some of the callouts seem dubious. Some of the parts are off the sprues but the kit is un-started. I am going to build one of the 3 Suez options in the kit.

Colin
Currently on the bench Airfix 1/48 Blenheim
Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Trumpeter Seahawk 1/48th

Post by Dazzled »

Looks like a nice kit. You're right to do some research into the correct colours. Trumpeter's colour call-outs can be a little dubious.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Old_Tonto

Post by Old_Tonto »

Very nice choice.
2023 - A:0 B:0 C:0
Current Projects:
East German Air Force (1956-90)
South African Air Force (1958-93)
Chuck Finley

Post by Chuck Finley »

Good choice
On second thoughts, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place!
Marek

Post by Marek »

Looks like a nice kit, I have the scaled-down version.
timet10
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by timet10 »

Hi
I've been doing a bit on the Seahawk I've assembled the rear fuselage and tail planes I've assembled the cockpit and painted and dry brushed it, fitted the intakes and jet pipes and started prepping the wings to take the underwing stores. I've also finally decided on having the wings extended, the kit is designed to be built with the flaps open so I am going to attempt to build these in the closed position as I love the shape of the aircraft in its "in flight" configuration.

I've painted and fitted the undercarriage bay and the front nose wheel leg which needs to be fitted before the fuselage is assembled. I've looked on line at various builds others have done of this kit and I think I have formulated a plan for assembling the main parts to reduce the need for filling and sanding. This is a good kit but it does need a small amount of fettling to get the best fit. So far I've really enjoyed the experience.
Colin
Currently on the bench Airfix 1/48 Blenheim
Marek

Post by Marek »

Nice work so far!
Chuck Finley

Post by Chuck Finley »

timet10 wrote:Hi
I've been doing a bit on the Seahawk I've assembled the rear fuselage and tail planes I've assembled the cockpit and painted and dry brushed it, fitted the intakes and jet pipes and started prepping the wings to take the underwing stores. I've also finally decided on having the wings extended, the kit is designed to be built with the flaps open so I am going to attempt to build these in the closed position as I love the shape of the aircraft in its "in flight" configuration.

I've painted and fitted the undercarriage bay and the front nose wheel leg which needs to be fitted before the fuselage is assembled. I've looked on line at various builds others have done of this kit and I think I have formulated a plan for assembling the main parts to reduce the need for filling and sanding. This is a good kit but it does need a small amount of fettling to get the best fit. So far I've really enjoyed the experience.
Colin
Keep it up. You're doing fine.
On second thoughts, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place!

Return to “Nifty Fifties Aircraft”