Sign-up and Chat

A GB for scenes, people, equipment, etc, from a book or comic, be it fact or fiction.
GB runs 22 April through 4 June and your host is PurpleThistle.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Re: Sign-up and Chat

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Purplethistle wrote:
jRatz wrote:Interesting story, probably where the idea for the cover came from.

Regardless, I'm going to have to drop out. In the last 2 days my May calendar has been ravaged. I'm sorry about that but all I'd do is phone in a DNF.
It can't be helped John, I hope it's nothing major that can't be worked out.
No, thank you, it's just budget season and we have a lot of unknowns that are forcing meeting/workshop adjustments and they are piling up now, not to mention a state legislature that .... well, best left unsaid.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
fredk
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by fredk »

Purplethistle wrote:
fredk wrote:
Purplethistle wrote: ...Re the white edged Hinomarus. it seems silly to ask someone to post them from Oz at a postage cost that would be more than the cost of a cheap kit which would include a pilot that I also need. Thanks for the offer anyway.
I have some H with white surrounds which I can let you have.....but....they are on a master sheet. I'd need to know what sizes you want, cut them off and post em to ye
They range from [real size] 650mm to 1350 [for 1/72]
Good on ye Fred, it's just two wing decals I need for a Zero I've just measured the supplied ones and they are 15mm.
15mm x 72 = 1080. I have 1050 which = 14.6mm, and 1150 =16mm.
If either of these sizes suit your requirement PM me an address and sya which ones. If I get your addy tonite I can get them into the post tonite and you might have them by the weekend
Are you sure thats all you need?
Al speling misteaks aer all mi own werk..
Its not just how good your painting is, its how good the touch-ups are too.
Purplethistle
Delusional Miniature Killer

Post by Purplethistle »

As promised for Iggie, a better sized pic of the Heinkel cover.

...and whilst looking for that, I spotted this..... :-D

"Spits, SLUFS and Rock 'n' Roll"
iggie

Post by iggie »

Cheers PT; I've got a blitz in stock now so will get cracking as soon as I've peeled several bits of PE odd my fingers from my ongoing French Danton!

PS any idea as to the other aircraft ID?
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
DazDaMan

Post by DazDaMan »

I recognise the green one, but no idea what it's called. I think it's possibly Russian or Polish.
Daren

Half-assed Spitfire builder!
DazDaMan

Post by DazDaMan »

I had a bit of a brainwave this morning - would this book/aircraft be suitable?

I ask because I have been thinking of doing ML407 as a Tr.9 for a long time (I've already built her as a single-seater), and I happen to have a kit sitting waiting to be built.

I might have left myself too little time to do it, mind, but it might be worth a bash.
Daren

Purplethistle

Post by Purplethistle »

DazDaMan wrote:I had a bit of a brainwave this morning - would this book/aircraft be suitable?

I ask because I have been thinking of doing ML407 as a Tr.9 for a long time (I've already built her as a single-seater), and I happen to have a kit sitting waiting to be built.

I might have left myself too little time to do it, mind, but it might be worth a bash.
It's a published book - it's eligible!

Besides, GB rules are only there to challenge the imagination in my book! (pun intended) :-D
Purplethistle

Post by Purplethistle »

iggie wrote:Cheers PT; I've got a blitz in stock now so will get cracking as soon as I've peeled several bits of PE odd my fingers from my ongoing French Danton!

I had just assumed that it was a 109G, but had it been me doing the painting, I would have made the distinctive spinner boss more bulbous.
DazDaMan

Post by DazDaMan »

Purplethistle wrote:
DazDaMan wrote:I had a bit of a brainwave this morning - would this book/aircraft be suitable?

It's a published book - it's eligible!

Besides, GB rules are only there to challenge the imagination in my book! (pun intended) :-D
I dunno about challenging the imagination - more like my sanity! :-D

I have a kit and a bundle of spare cockpit parts sitting in front of me. It's tempting....!
Daren

iggie

Post by iggie »

Purplethistle wrote:
iggie wrote:Cheers PT; I've got a blitz in stock now so will get cracking as soon as I've peeled several bits of PE odd my fingers from my ongoing French Danton!

I had just assumed that it was a 109G, but had it been me doing the painting, I would have made the distinctive spinner boss more bulbous.
I was referring to the upper cover; the one with the Blitz being attacked by the green aircraft with the fixed undercarriage....
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
Purplethistle

Post by Purplethistle »

iggie wrote:
Purplethistle wrote:

I was referring to the upper cover; the one with the Blitz being attacked by the green aircraft with the fixed undercarriage....
Silly me! I was getting fixated on the other cover at the time. My money would be on it being a Dewotine D510
iggie

Post by iggie »

Purplethistle wrote:
iggie wrote:
Purplethistle wrote:

Silly me! I was getting fixated on the other cover at the time. My money would be on it being a Dewotine D510
You? Fixated? Never! :ha: :ha: :-D

Right, I've just bid on a 510 on eBay. :shock: :roll:
Looking at the cover, the green planes appear to have red circular markings (hinomaru or similar?) but I can't make out the markings on the Blitz fuselage; the crosses suggest Condor Legion, and therefore black circles?
It'll be a couple of days at least before I can get started on either build but with luck I'll scrape in under the finishing tape! :-D
Best wishes

Jim
Purplethistle

Post by Purplethistle »

iggie wrote:
Purplethistle wrote:
iggie wrote:
Purplethistle wrote:

You? Fixated? Never! :ha: :ha: :-D

Right, I've just bid on a 510 on eBay. :shock: :roll:
Looking at the cover, the green planes appear to have red circular markings (hinomaru or similar?) but I can't make out the markings on the Blitz fuselage; the crosses suggest Condor Legion, and therefore black circles?
It'll be a couple of days at least before I can get started on either build but with luck I'll scrape in under the finishing tape! :-D
Background without Heinkel and D510

The image for a Republican D510 is a bit off shade wise the upper surfaces should be green.

and I can edit the decal sheet from the ICM Heinkel to make the ones from the cover if you can find a way to print them off/

iggie

Post by iggie »

Cheers PT, I'll be fine with the decals; its about time I tried masking them!

Just to confirm them that the 510 should have green uppers and light blue undersides? Markings as illustrated....
Best wishes

Jim
Purplethistle

Post by Purplethistle »

iggie wrote:Cheers PT, I'll be fine with the decals; its about time I tried masking them!

Just to confirm them that the 510 should have green uppers and light blue undersides? Markings as illustrated....
From what I've seen on t'internet, the Republican D510s were either silver or in a green over light blue colour scheme very similar to that used by the Russians in '41. The pic I posted was the only one that showed the markings from all angles and not really representative of the actual colours.

Return to “One for the Books”