Daz's 2nd TAF place-holder.... CANCELLED

A GB for scenes, people, equipment, etc, from a book or comic, be it fact or fiction.
GB runs 22 April through 4 June and your host is PurpleThistle.
DazDaMan
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Daz's 2nd TAF place-holder.... CANCELLED

Post by DazDaMan »

It might shock some on here, but I hadn't originally planned on doing a Spitfire for this GB (mainly because I didn't have any Spitfire-centred books which had a film production made from them, ergo they could not be added to the film collection, if I hadn't already done them).

However, I was looking at a Spitfire kit in my stash, and thought "Hmm. There WAS a book written about this one Spitfire in particular, and I've been meaning to do a model of it for a while, so would it be eligible??"

Apparently, the answer is "YES!"

The book is this one:

I have this book in the collection, having had it for a number of years. Spitfire Tr.IX ML407 is one of the most famous Spitfires still flying today, having had an extensive wartime career, followed by a postwar career training fledgling fighter pilots in the Irish Air Corps, before being lovingly restored to fly in the 1980s.

I will be attempting to build my kit as the two-seat trainer/warbird version (I've already done '407 as a single-seat fighter some years ago), as I have a number of spare parts for Spitfire cockpits in the box.

If I don't get this one done for the GB, it won't be a huge deal, but I'm putting it up here for the time being!
Daren

Half-assed Spitfire builder!
DazDaMan
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Daz's 2nd TAF place-holder....

Post by DazDaMan »

I'm gonna have to cancel this build, as I reckon it'll take a bit more work than just a couple of weeks will allow!

I will build it at some point, however, so stay tuned!
Daren

Half-assed Spitfire builder!

Return to “One for the Books”