Sign-up and Chat

UAMF's signature event, Fun for All !!
Runs 1-31 August, with a couple extra days for the Admin goof.
Your host is, again, Jssel.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Sign-up and Chat

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

This is a Signature UAMF Event, winter edition for those south of the equator.

It runs from August 1st to 31st, with maybe a couple extra days to cover the Admins forgetting to set it up on time; your host is again Jssel who will fill in any other info.

Usual rules:
-- The GB is a month long only to enable participants to schedule their 'blitz' (or blitzes) when most convenient, not dawdle in their build.
-- Each participant is expected to complete a kit of their choice, to a standard of their choosing, in a 24-hour period, with periodic (hourly or so) photo updates. There is a 'senior' (or 'wuss') option that allows the 24-hours to be split into two roughly equal periods with not more than 12 hours, preferably less, between them. There are no exceptions, excuses, extensions.
-- Extra non-credit is given for the clock used, food and drink consumed, music and videos, and other events in/around the work area. Remember this is a family-friendly forum however.
-- A Blitzbau is all about participation and chatter from everyone, not just those who might be blitz-ing. It's fun .... try it out, just don't try too much the first time … But it is also fun to push your limits.

The key to a Blitzbau is Planning.
-- You can look at your model all you want to beforehand; the instructions, the parts, the painting & decaling.
-- Write down a simple plan, the kit instruction sequence may not be ideal for a Blitz format.
-- Ensure you have all the useable paint, the tools, the glues, the aftermarket you need -- before the clock starts.
-- The key is time management; everything counts. Don't forget that you have to make regular progress posts with pictures and interact with other folks blitzing at the same time.
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Re: Sign-up and Chat

Post by jssel »

Ok we are off and running. And as John commented I will mod until 3/9/17. That's September 3,2017.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
The Great Auk
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by The Great Auk »

I'd like to join in with a 1/72 Airfix Curtiss Hawk 81 (P-40B/C). I'm not sure exactly when though. My job at the Audubon Society has been very busy lately, but Sunday might be free.

The Great Auk

P.S. I'm grateful to the Green One for laying out how best to approach this. While I've built a model in 24 hours once or twice over the years, I've never taken part in a formal Blitzbau before.
jssel

Post by jssel »

Welcome Auk. I do believe you will like it.
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

Unfortunately the concept of having 24 hrs devoted to any one thing is a long distant concept. Good luck to those who can make the voyage, it's worth it!
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
jssel

Post by jssel »

Definitely pre-child event or you must have a very understanding SWMBO. Of course I have been interrupted by tax assessors and church folk.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

The Great Auk wrote:I'd like to join in with a 1/72 Airfix Curtiss Hawk 81 (P-40B/C). I'm not sure exactly when though. My job at the Audubon Society has been very busy lately, but Sunday might be free.

The Great Auk

P.S. I'm grateful to the Green One for laying out how best to approach this. While I've built a model in 24 hours once or twice over the years, I've never taken part in a formal Blitzbau before.
Lessons all learned the hard way and here's a Blitz of the same kit that might help you: http://www.uamf.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=197&t=2996;
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
Old_Tonto

Post by Old_Tonto »

Unfortunately no Blitzbau House this time round as I am away in the states for most of the month. I am however thinking of doing a solo effort, possibly starting this evening. Probably a hobbyboss sabre.
2023 - A:0 B:0 C:0
Current Projects:
East German Air Force (1956-90)
South African Air Force (1958-93)
The Great Auk

Post by The Great Auk »

jRatz wrote:
Lessons all learned the hard way and here's a Blitz of the same kit that might help you: http://www.uamf.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=197&t=2996;
Many thanks for that, John! Your P-40 really finished up a treat! I'll be well pleased if mine ends up looking even half as good.

Gratefully,
The Great Auk
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

Fortunately I'm off work this week so will have time for a Blitzbau. I will go with a 1/32 scale subject - and being the Revell Modelling SIG leader, it will obviously be one of the older and more basic aircraft which I find are just right for the Blitz treatment - I find 1/72 too fiddly for this in the main!
I shall reveal all in the thread that I'm off to start right now.

Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
Michael modeller 48

Post by Michael modeller 48 »

Hello, I am new this forum Mike Grant suggest I do a 24 hour build. I have a 1:72 Vought F4U-1D Corsair. How do I participate and post this build?

Michael
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

Michael modeller 48 wrote:Hello, I am new this forum Mike Grant suggest I do a 24 hour build. I have a 1:72 Vought F4U-1D Corsair. How do I participate and post this build?

Michael
Hi Michael, welcome to the forum.
I'd suggest you look at the threads for a previous Blitzbau - link here: http://www.uamf.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=364;
and get the idea from what the guys have posted. You basically nominate when you will start you build, take photos as you go, and hopefully receive encouragement from other forum members tuning in to see how you are doing - support may vary so remember to allow for time variations around the world!

If you have any other question please ask them here and we'll be only too happy to help. The most important thing to know is that it is all just a bit of fun in the end.

Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
Michael modeller 48

Hi Al, I think I set a thread to post a 24 hour build. However I do not see or understand why I do not see how to post photos??
jssel

Post by jssel »

Hi Michael and welcome. I can only echo what Al has stated. I prefer low parts count, maybe a single color . Things like that starting out really help.
Michael modeller 48

Hi Jeff, This corsair is a low pieces count and one colour paint job. it just has two spruces!

Return to “Blitzbau XXI”