Michael's First Blitzbau 1:72 Vought F4U-1D Corsair Airfix

UAMF's signature event, Fun for All !!
Runs 1-31 August, with a couple extra days for the Admin goof.
Your host is, again, Jssel.
Michael modeller 48

Re: 1:72 Vought F4U-1D Corsair Airfix

Post by Michael modeller 48 »

Hi Jeff, I is older tooling from airfix with rasied riviets and panel lines. it has flimsy plastic does not fit well together.
Michael modeller 48

Build goes not to bad.....

I have glue the pilot/fuslage/arresting hook together.

Also have glued wing halves together and onto body and tail wing (not sure if they are called stabilizers)

Decide to attach engine for ease of painting blue paint camo. Just need to prop plane to avoid already bend prop blade.

Installed the parts to the bottom of plane the landing gear panels and two bomb (sure they will be painted blue). This pictures has not synced to my

mac book from icloud.

I have masked and clothes pegs and allow to dry the glue from muliptie steps. I worked around them to do the following steps. I am just waiting for

glue to dry before I start painting the main body humbrol 15 blue. Taking this time to post a few build pictures. Timer has gone....

See if photos have synced....will post more....

iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by iggie »

Looks like a good start.
Very brave choice to use enamels; I hope the drying time doesn't give you problems later, although the rate at which this is going together it looks like you might have plenty of hours left before decals need to be applied :-D
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Michael modeller 48

Photo have syced.....

Ready to paint just need to mask prop and cockpit....

Might finish my cold coffee before taking off pegs and masking tape to make sure I have let the glue dry enough....

Time is 8:22 mountain time in Calgary....

I guess while the paint dries i will mask and paint canopy and landing gear struts and wheels....

I may use the gift set acrylics to the canopy so i can scrap clean the lines with a sharped sprue....I do not have a steady hand or a eduard masking kit...

Or may use my Microscale Micro Mask and cut in the line to paint or use my tamiya masking tape and apply draw outline and cut tape on my mat....

But first have to prep plane to paint since I am using enamels with 12-24 hours need to give time to dry before clear coat decals then a matt...

I have testor/tamiya spray cans of clear and matt aswell as pledge as a clear....

jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

Wow. I blinked and you moved way ahead. Good work so far
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
Michael modeller 48

Yes Iggie hard to do a 24 hour build when enamael take 12 to 24 to fully cure. I only have enamels sure i have the humbrol gift set paints in acrylic

that the gift set provide with a brush and glue however I used them before and had to brush paint with half decent coverage with lots of

brush stokes and poor coverage. I do not have air brush....

I think all the glue should be dry to paint....just need to stir it up...i shook it up yesterday it should mostly mixed for a new tinlet....
Michael modeller 48

Jeff, I hope painting goes as equally well...alot of step waiting for glue to dry...glad it is one colour paint camo....need to mask off bend/broke prop (glued

together again) and cockpit and mix up the humbrol 15 blue paint.... might sand seam a bit but mold casing is ugly and messy....I found airfix 109 a much

better kit this is an older tooling from airfix....but just had to have a cool gull winged plane in my stash....
Michael modeller 48

Painting ....

Michael modeller 48

I rush painting... some of the panels and tail wing were not quite set. A prop re-broke off...will gel crazy glue at the end.

I add Testors "rubber" to tires will clean up the rim/tires with a final coat of rubber and aluminum.

I have set my timer for 12 hours...i think the time was 9:55 when I finished painting.... So i check on it 9:55 PM to see if i can clear coat it

Then plan to apply decal using Micro Sol/Set

There is not many decals .... no Stencilling details....

There is canopy to mask/paint and an antenna and wing probe? to install....and the wheel strust/wheels....

I wanted to build a plane with just one paint colour as I just finished a three tone german splinter of two 109's
Migrant
Happily Landed after Many Circuits and Bumps

Post by Migrant »

Making good progress, Michael.
Michael modeller 48

Good morning,

Update: i found out that on certain levels you then get to have avatar. But did not find a list of level just know i probably have many levels above

me....
jssel

Post by jssel »

Two thumbs up Michael. Remember that it is all in fun. You are going great guns here.
Michael modeller 48

Thanks Jeff, yes it was fun

Just brewed another cup of coffee....

I see Migrant is doing a blitz build too...

He suggested i do one of these builds.... first time for me to race the clock....
Michael modeller 48

jssel

Post by jssel »

Love that decal sheet. At least that is a new sample. Press on.

Return to “Blitzbau XXI”