Group build extended

Recognizing one of the iconic aircraft of the Great War. October is the month the Dr.1 entered combat.
The GB runs 1st to 29th October and your host is VickerVandal.
VickersVandal
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Group build extended

Post by VickersVandal »

As none of us have been able to to complete yet, myself certainly included :oops: :oops: , I have checked with jRatz that it's ok to extend the build. Upshot is, I'm extending it out to Sunday 12th of November. That should give us all enough time to get that extra top wing on (it's that pesky third win that's slowed us all down, of course! :mrgreen: ).
Must.....build....ALL the Sopwith Camels!...

My Biggles Model display website: https://tinyurl.com/y74ydzae
MarkyM607

Re: Group build extended

Post by MarkyM607 »

VickersVandal wrote:As none of us have been able to to complete yet, myself certainly included :oops: :oops: , I have checked with jRatz that it's ok to extend the build. Upshot is, I'm extending it out to Sunday 12th of November. That should give us all enough time to get that extra top wing on (it's that pesky third win that's slowed us all down, of course! :mrgreen: ).
PHEW!!!!!. I was hoping this would happen as I've struggled to do any modelling over the last month or so. However the last week has been pretty good, the DR.1 is mostly painted, the rigging half done (what there is) and engine attached. I've added a strip to the lower lip of the cowling to show it as the extended version. Anyway, most helpful additional time. :grin:
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
DazDaMan

Post by DazDaMan »

Thanks for that. I should be able to get the Fokker finished with the extension!

Mine is almost finished, but it's the fiddly bits that are holding me up. That and a lack of mojo in recent weeks!
Daren

Half-assed Spitfire builder!
VickersVandal

Post by VickersVandal »

I'm going to pull rank and just push the deadline out by 2 days. My build is 95% finished and I could probably finish it this evening but if I rush it I'm almost certain to make a hash of something so it's better that I give another day or so breathing space.
Must.....build....ALL the Sopwith Camels!...

My Biggles Model display website: https://tinyurl.com/y74ydzae
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

This is running way long. I see what appears to be 3 finishes but they are not posted to the Completions thread ?
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

jRatz wrote:This is running way long. I see what appears to be 3 finishes but they are not posted to the Completions thread ?
I've just put mine into the Gallery, sorry about that!. :oops: :grin:
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.

Return to “Fokker Triplane Centenary”