Marky's DR.1 Werner Voss. ***FINISHED***

Recognizing one of the iconic aircraft of the Great War. October is the month the Dr.1 entered combat.
The GB runs 1st to 29th October and your host is VickerVandal.
VickersVandal
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Marky's DR.1 Werner Voss. ***FINISHED***

Post by VickersVandal »

1) great job! I like your streak effect a lot more than mine now I see the finished model
2) I agree 100% with pmmaker's comments about the hand painted face
3) there actually was a fabric join line under the DR1 where your inadvertently accurate seam line is. If you wanted, you could put some slightly darker blue diagonal stitching lines along it to complete the effect (my kit provides a decal for this)
4) there is no fourth thing.
Must.....build....ALL the Sopwith Camels!...

My Biggles Model display website: https://tinyurl.com/y74ydzae
MarkyM607
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Marky's DR.1 Werner Voss. ***FINISHED***

Post by MarkyM607 »

pmmaker wrote:
MarkyM607 wrote:Here she is. Streaked and decalled and face(d??). Enjoyed this one a lot, 1/28th seems a very good scale for these types IMHO.
Fokker DR.1, Werner Voss, Jasta 2, 23rd September 1917 (the day he was killed fighting multiple RFC aircraft from 56 Squadron).

Not overly happy with that join line! :oops:
Here's looking at you....
(I also added a bit to the lip of the cowling, it seems it had a deeper front that other Dr.1's.
You know, I really like the rough, hand painted look for the face. Somehow it seems more realistic like it was hand painted by some guy out in the field at some rather basic airfield in 1917.

Great job on the streaking too!

pmmaker
Hey!!, that's me trying to be neat!! :ha: :ha: (re: the face)
Thanks all. Very pleased with this one.
Thanks VV, considering you advised me on streaking paint, I feel I've accomplished something if you think mine is better!! :lol: . I'll see what I can do about the fabric join line, but at least it's out of sight!!.
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.

Return to “Fokker Triplane Centenary”