Sign-up and Chat

For any subject - air, land, sea, military, civil - in any scale of anything in Scandinavian (Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland) use or markings.
GB runs 18th November to 31st December and your host is planecrazyman61.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Sign-up and Chat

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

This is a themed GB for any subject - air, land, sea, military, civil - in any scale of anything Scandinavian or in Scandinavian use or markings. Scandinavian is defined to include Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland.

This GB started from threads here and here.

The GB runs from 18th November to 31st December 2017 and your host is planecrazyman61, who will fill in any other info.
planecrazyman61
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Sign-up and Chat

Post by planecrazyman61 »

first of all thanks to john for setting up the Scandinavian group build forum,this is the first time i have been a GBL so any input will be welcome ,right what to build it was a toss up between a condor Mig 21 Bis, heller saab lansen and a revell saab draken ,the saab lansen won out as it will be OOB and the other two require extra work,p.e and resin
cheers craig
iggie

Post by iggie »

I might have to have a rootle through the stash to see if I have anything suitable; I know there is a Viggen in there somewhere, and possibly a Draken too......if I can find them, and they call out 'build me' then I'll join in if that's ok
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
planecrazyman61

iggie i can hear them from here calling out build us please :grin:
craig
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

I initially indicated I might join with the Mirage Hobby 1/400 Wickes 4-pipe, flush-deck (Town Class) DD lendleased as the HNoMS St Albans (I 15).

However, I am not modeling until at least 7 or 8 December and after that I still have the Frog Shell tanker to complete and then a rather big armor conversion project that must get started yesterday. And I just got stockage notice on the new Airfix Walrus so that may be waiting when I get back.

So, I don't know, but I'll relook at when I return to the bench and give it a try. The Wickes class are a favorite -- I already have two Campbeltowns (one done, one almost), and plans for two USS Buchanan (1919 and 1939 configs before lend-leased as Campbeltown) and a USS Roper (local interest).
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
Kitaholic

Post by Kitaholic »

Thanks for the nudge Craig, so much been going on of late I completely forgot about this.

Anyway, hopefully planning on two for this one.

First off is a Danish Draken using the Revell (Hasegawa) 1/72 kit and a Modeldecal sheet.

Second is a Finnish Hawk using the NT Airfix 1/72 Hawk with either the kit decals or aftermarket, undecided on that bit.

At work tomorrow so starting once I back, fed and watered (definitely not water though ;-) :beer: )
Regards

Gord

Desperately trying to find his MOJO, don't know where I left it
planecrazyman61

hi can i ask if anyone has any pictures of their built up Scandinavian models they can put in the Previously built section Dazzled J21R is looking lonely on it's own
thanks craig
Spaceowl

Post by Spaceowl »

Second group build! :mrgreen:

I'm going to be putting up a Swedish Air Force/UN Saab J-29, early version in natural metal finish. This will match the camo'ed UN J-29 I completed in June.
Overhead a rainbow appears...in black and white.

Current Projects:
Aircraft of VMA-542, USMC
Peru-Ecuador War 1995
THK 1939-2023
Polish Air Force 1939
planecrazyman61

hi progressing with my 1st build S32C Lansen but possibly planning a 2nd entry ,i have a 1/72 revell Leopard 2A5/NL which had the wheels and suspension arms attached but then got damaged knocking half the wheels off which then got chucked back in the box and put away ,it can be fixed and i was now hoping to do this and build it as a earlier Danish Leopard 2A5DK in a nato green/black camo,so i can anyone tell me if the early Danish tanks were the same as the German ones or are they based on the Swedish variant of the Leopard 2a5,also is anyone aware of any decals that cover the Danish machines or at least have the Danish emblems in them(red shield with white cross)
thanks craig
Spaceowl

Post by Spaceowl »

I notice that I have a few Danish subjects in the stash. I might do a second one when the J-29 is finished - probably a Tamiya F-84G in NATO camouflage.
Overhead a rainbow appears...in black and white.

Current Projects:
Aircraft of VMA-542, USMC
Peru-Ecuador War 1995
THK 1939-2023
Polish Air Force 1939
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

I've just been reading through some of the threads and the completed gallery - Wow guys those are some great builds - Nice work!
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

''All mistakes can be hidden with poor photography :-D ''
planecrazyman61

hi everybody just letting you know i'm requesting a GB extension of 1 or 2 weeks which would turn it into a 8 week group build as,i'm not going to be around to finish up the GB on the 31st /1st ,and a few of us could do with the extra time to finish up our entries
hope this is ok with folks
thanks craig
Kitaholic

Post by Kitaholic »

That would be great as personal circumstances have brought modelling to a halt at the moment
Regards

Gord

planecrazyman61

hi john say it's OK to extend the GB to make it an 8 week GB with the finish date now on 14th January 2018
hopefully this can help get a few more over the finish line
thanks craig
Kitaholic

Post by Kitaholic »

Thanks , appreciated immensely
Regards

Gord

Return to “The Scandinavian(+) GB”