OT's Turretless Tank 'DNF'

For any subject - air, land, sea, military, civil - in any scale of anything in Scandinavian (Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland) use or markings.
GB runs 18th November to 31st December and your host is planecrazyman61.
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Re: OT's Turretless Tank

Post by ShaunW »

Looks good with a decent amount of detail, OT. If you're missing off the grab handles it might be worth filling any corresponding mounting holes to avoid there being empty holes dotted around the hull.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
Old_Tonto
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Old_Tonto »

ShaunW wrote:If you're missing off the grab handles it might be worth filling any corresponding mounting holes to avoid there being empty holes dotted around the hull.
Was just pondering that - they may have to go on before the base coat.

Just realised that I have dropped another clanger! Trumpeter instructions are not the best! :frown:
2023 - A:0 B:0 C:0
Current Projects:
East German Air Force (1956-90)
South African Air Force (1958-93)
planecrazyman61

Post by planecrazyman61 »

the detail on the s-tank really starts to stand out once the primer coat is on ,keep going your making good progress with it
cheers craig
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

I had the same frustrations with mine OT. I'm afraid it's one of those kits that you just have to plug away at. I had a similar experience with Trumpeter's SAM-6 a few months ago.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Old_Tonto

Post by Old_Tonto »

Sad to say that this is going to be a DNF. It seems that life just got too busy lately and I don't want to rush things just to meet a deadline - this is supposed to be fun you know. :lol:

This is where I got to. Wheels and underside painted and started to mist on a coat of the darker green.

I went with Tamiya XF-13 J.A. Green in the end as it looks pretty close to the images I have. The tracks were painted by masking the rubber blocks and spraying with Tamiya XF-56 Metalic Grey. Once the masking tape was removed it looks the real deal. So I joined the track ends together by heating a blade and pressing the rubber pins down thus fusing the two ends together. Very old school (I've never managed to do that before without making a mess). 8-)
After all the issues I have had with this kit I was thrilled to find the track to be a perfect fit. Bonus.

With the tracks on I masked the suspension area and attached the fuel tanks that run down the side of the tank. With hindsight I should have reinforced these with some plastic card on the back.as they are a little flimsy. Once they were on I got the airbrush out. I experimented with some pre-shading and misted on a couple more coats of green, attempting to break up the colour a bit so my Stank doesn't look too new.

Next up I will add the flotation gear, storage bins etc. then paint the black areas before masking them off. After that I plan to finish the dark green areas and see what it looks like. I'm still not decided on the final scheme, either splinter of winter but I will continue this build on my workbench thread.

Thanks to the Planecrazy for running this group build and apologies once again for not completing.
2023 - A:0 B:0 C:0
Current Projects:
East German Air Force (1956-90)
South African Air Force (1958-93)

Return to “The Scandinavian(+) GB”